Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting The New Year Right

Well, 2013 had just set in and as the new year heralds new hopes and aspirations sets in. Gone are those that had happened in 2012 and we must put them aside for good. Life is a matter of choice and we have to choose goals wisely to make our whole year fruitful, right, and promising.

This year I am wishing myself a very healthful year and also more break for myself. I am getting old now and I just wanted to enjoy my life to the fullest. I've been working hard last year brushing aside my plans for a grand vacation and so this year I hope that it will happen. I wish I could win a lotto and fulfill all my dreams in a flash. That would be sweeter.

2013 is the year of the snake and the snake's characteristics are more imminent this year. A snake is slippery and labile and actually more cunning. It lives in both land and water signifiying that it is resilient in any weather. It is elongated meaning it has a long life and it sheds it's skin meaning that life can be easily changed this year.

My predictions are not that credible enough so don't follow me. I just made this for myself so if you believed it, then that would be entirely up to you. I just wanted to share my own idea and hopefully it will work for me.

New year means new resolutions.... new promises.... new goals. They say that resolutions are made to be broken but it's just customary to have them anyway. At least we set a basis on how to thread our life for the entire year. Although, they are bendable or flexible yet they still have a purpose in the future.

I am quite adamant to make some resolutions right now. I might probably wait for a little bit of time to really reflect what I needed to accomplish for the whole year. It is time sensitive yet I just wanted to have a clear cut goals that I can really check off when they're being accomplished. Given the rarity of the accomplished goals sometimes it is really hard to make a realistic one. What a bugger!

Life as we know is always labile. We don't know what will come up. We don't have the control about the things that will be happening but we have the will to change the course if we can set goals in the right direction. That's why we have to know what we need first and reflect internally if we really need it or not. In that, we can have more accomplishments rather than having broken objectives.

My heart is full of expectations right now as the new year is being ushered yet I don't have a clear understanding yet of what I needed to fulfill for this year. Maybe I would make it more simplier and more specific this year rather than making my life more complicated.

Specifically, I just wanted to rest. I just wanted to have a long vacation because I think I deserved to have a long break. I just wanted to bask myself under the sun so I'm thinking of going to the beach. I also wanted to go home and fix some of the things that I needed to fix long time ago. All these I just wanted to happen this year and I hope it will come true.

One of my ultimate goal this year is to finish my visits for the more than 20 mission churches here in California. I started this visits last year because I am invoking the blessed Junipero Serra for a miracle about a special request. I hope that my goal in finishing the visits this year will be guided by the Almighty. This will be the goal that I will be focusing for this year so that my request will be granted, hopefully.

New Year is also a time of reflection about God's goodness and I am tahnkful that he was with me all through out my lifetime making my life more easier under His wing. Let me end this blog citing the verse in Psalm 100: " Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his. We are his people, teh sheep of his pasture"

Yes, I rejoice myself with the Lord because he made me live with greatness. I am satisfied with what I have and never asked for more. And to you my Lord I thank you for giving me another year of life and I am asking for your guidance and help in my plans for this year. Hope you will be with me all the time which for sure I am confident that you're there. To you my Lord I "thank you" for everything you've done for my life.

Happy New Year to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment