Thursday, November 15, 2012

What A Stage The World Is

I am very frustrated about how things are being handled in school. It was a total chaos and I don't want to be a part of it. I am practically distancing myself from any troubles that had happened in school despite I made some effort to offer my help but I was just ignored by the administration.

I mean my loyalty in school was very apparent. I was teaching there for ten years now since the inception of it. I was considered a pioneer and a senior faculty since it was found. I never been proud to have stayed there but things lately had been changed because of the greediness of the administration to usurp or extort money from the students not giving back to the students what is worth for the exorbitant tuition they were paying. These students should be treated right.

I am a person who anticipates what is coming and lately my staffing coordinator who happens to be the administrative assistant to the administrator had scheduled me in one clinical rotation which I am not qualified. Two weeks prior to the said assignment I've texted the dean that I cannot be able to perform the assignment because of the necessary qualifications that I have not complied. I also emailed the staffing coordinator during that time about the problem and they both responded that they will take care of it.

I don't know but I have a gut feeling that there will be a commotion to happen and I am very apprehensive to just clear up myself in the future. I'm am always wary about this kind of circumstance not until I saw action in black and white. I don't want to irritate people especially the dean and the staffing coordinator but I have to just to free myself from the blame and responsibility in case there will be problems later on.

In my apprehension, I emailed again the staffing coordinator a week before the said assignment was scheduled and he was very condescending about his response telling me that he already knew about the dilemma and told me not to bother him again. I responded back to him that I just wanted to free myself of any blame in case something will happen in the future because I know the group that was supposed to be going in that clinical site. Well, he responded back that everything was been taken cared of so I stopped pestering him after that email which I think is enough proof to clear myself.

I also texted the dean from my phone after one week before the said schedule reminding her of the problem and assuming she got it she should have responded to me that it was been taken cared of. Hopefully, she did.

Now the said date came and I got a call from my best friend Doris whois supposed to cover for that date. She told me that she was also not informed and that they just called her that day but it was late already. I remember telling her that I already called the two bosses and that she also knows about the dilemma but wasn't aware that she was supposed to cover for me.

The students got angry at the dean and when they have spoke to her and the staffing coordinator she told the students that the reason I did not show up is because I have not procured a flu shot which is one of the requirement for the hospital before going there which is not true and an outright lie because I have texted her twice for the past two weeks about the incoming problems but she and the staff coordinator was been ignoring the problem.

And now that the problem had came up as what I have felt two weeks ago when I opened the schedule I was the one to blame. See how unprofessional this people are. They don't take responsibility of the actions they did and blame it on to others because they were the boss. What kind of authority is that? I lost my respect for them already.

It really shows that there are a lot of personalities around us. Some are good, some are passive, and some are bad. It just that if every body have the same attitude and personality maybe the environment will be monotonous and lack life. That's why there should be a catharsis to make the story more convincing and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment