Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Trail To Nojoqui Falls

A day before Thanksgiving Day I set out myself for an out of town adventure. I went to a Dutch settlement called Solvang to see the beautiful place. It's been a long time that I am planning to go there and after several planning and musings I finally decided to drive there by myself.

I've been meaning to plan to go to Solvang for several months but it seems that my very hectic and messed-up schedule could not accommodate my plans and unpredictably this week I finally realized the plan that I was been keeping to myself for several months. Yay!

I've got a five days off this week because of the Thanksgiving Day holiday and plus there were no school because the students were on vacation for four days also for the whole week because of the Thanksgiving Day. I got bored at home so I decided to pursue my half cooked old plans and now I had it realized.


Along this trip I am planning to enjoy the beauty of mother nature so I've included the trip to Nojoqui Falls which I saw in Google from the Tripadvisor site. I don't know if there will be water falling down the deep ravine or the creek has water flowing in it because at the website it did not specify what time of the year the fall is abundant with water but I am trying my luck right.

I woke up in the morning at the Days Inn Hotel in Buellton, CA preparing for the day's activities which include a hike going to Nojoqui Falls. I just can't contain my excitement because I've been planning this for a long long time and now I have to do it. I am very very ecstatic about it already.

From the hotel I merge to Highway 101 going south then drove for six miles and made a left on a farm road going to Nojoqui park where I parked my car. I alighted from the car and tried to look for any signs that will lead me to the falls but apparently there was not.


I saw a lady walking with a camera on hand so I asked her where's the way going to Nojoqui Falls and she pointed me the right way. From the car I ambled towards the depth of the forest then I saw a trail and a sign there going to the trail and I had followed it.

Along the way there were tall lush green trees enveloping the forest looking like rigid soldiers standing and encapsulating the roof of the forest giving way to an ample slither rays of the rising morning sun which is very fascinating to the eyes at that moment. I just can't resist looking at it so I took some pictures of it for my online documentation.

I kept ambling inside the forest going to the northwest portion of the forest as what my compass was pointing while following the signs of the trail. I saw some big boulders which were very huge and also a dry creek which made me deduce that the falls has no water. I crossed the small bridge which connects both banks of the small creek then continued ambling towards the innards of the forest.


The trail was a ten minute walk and climb which is not even very tiring to do. The trail ended towards the wall of a cliff where the falls is being found and there inside the depths of the jungle lies the majestic waterfall which has stood there waterless with only a trickle of water at the base. It was still beautiful even though there was no water and I was thinking how much more when there is water. The moss on the wall of the cliff had grew lushly making it more greenish to look at.

I stayed there for fifteen minutes trying to imbibe myself of the positive energies that the forest has brought on me thereby clearing up some of the things that had bothered me lately. It was very relaxing and a more calm feel was been emanating within the surrounding areas.

I never regretted going there even though it entails a lot of driving, climbing, and walking. Arriving there not seeing a lot of water falling down from the steep ravine was another shocker but at least I've tried my luck. I still took a lot of pictures for my own safekeeping.


After I've enjoyed looking and watching at the falls I decided to leave the vicinity by taking the same trail back to the parking lot. I saw some beautiful colorful dried leaves along the way and I did not hesitate lying on it and playing with them just like a toddler. I also took pictures of it for my memento. I felt like I was regressing that time and I really had a blast. What a cool feeling though.

When I got to the car, I strolled a little bit around the park and enjoyed the scenery of the colorful tree foliage with their leaves falling one by one to the ground making a heap pile of those beautiful colorful leaves making the road more fascinating and beautiful to look at depicting the common neutral hue of fall. I really enjoyed watching it.

I left the park then headed back to Buellton and drove to Solvang for more adventures and fun. This was an unforgettable Thanksgiving Day experinece I've had so far and I never regretted doing it. Oh, I am glad I decided leaving Los Angeles just to set my adventure to this two awesome places on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment