Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post Election Self Evaluation

Yesterday, the whole world had witnessed the very close race of the presidential election in the United States. It was the hall mark of the people's freedom of suffrage. It was indeed a success and people had made their clear choice in the end.

All night people were glued on the television and had watched the tightly close race. And as the night gets deeper and the results were submitted and the electoral vote results as well as popular votes were rigidly tabulated people were just reeling and kept glued on their screens. It was a whole night spectacle full of drama and gritty scenarios. People were hanging at the edge of their seats.

Well, as we are facing the challenges of the just recently concluded presidential election and the results had just been decided, a newly reelected president of the United States of America was been magnanimously declared last night and there were new hopes for us to forge forward and pick up ourselves and this country's long lost reputation into pieces.

The newly reelected president had promised to make all his efforts to cooperate with other parties to work hand-in-hand for the people and for the country. I admire his tenacity to take responsibility despite of his political rivals' blatant attacks on his political performance for the past four years doubling our national debt and not providing jobs for the many.

Although I did not voted for him I still had an admiration for him as an elected president for I honestly accept what the people had decided. My ideologies may be different but I am with him in rebuilding this great nation. I am more favoured of the other rival because we have the same ideologies but too bad he did not appear victorious in the end.

I will not be bitter to the people about their choices because who am I to retaliate for their freedom of choice. They chose and their votes had just spoken. My vote is only one but at least I made my own voice heard. And believe me it was a tight and close race and it had given the other party reeling at the edge of their seat.

Four more years will be slacked for him and hope he will deliver this time. And if he does then he will earn my hard earned respect more and more. I hope our nation which is known great around the world will be restored from a dark abyss and that will become great again.

My emotions was been down when I was watching Romney's concession speech. It was an honest speech that came from the depths of his being. It was a speech full of emotions and careful rethinking. I admire his love for this country and his family and that made him great more and more to me. He is a good man but other people has no sympathy to him.

Last night, I can feel his sincerity and I know that a lot of people had felt it and was very empathic to him. Even though he lost the battle I know he will be greatly remembered. He fought the fight good and it was a very close fight. In the end there will be only one victor but sadly it was not him. I hope he will write a book about his life and I will be the first one in line to buy it.

On his speech I can feel how he got betrayed by the people of his own state and the people behind his party. But needless it happened his family was there to console him and myself who was crying for him. I am in great mourning and grief but it's only until there. It's not the end of the world yet. It was only an election and I hope people must understand.

I admire his speech about encouraging the politicians to set aside political bickering but instead work for the interest of the people and not for their selves and their party's interest. I admire him for encouraging teacher's to teach children the right path, preacher's and counselor's to work for the common good, and parents to guide their children. And most importantly I admire him saying to pray for this elected president in reversing the path and leading the country to greatness. To you sir, my hat's off and my hard earned respect I will give to you.

On the other hand, the victory party in Chicago was another scenario. Obama had made a promise to make every thing better for the people. And he made a promise to work hard to restore this country's greatness. He made a promise to pave a way for this country to rise again and that he warned the people present at that convention center that the best is yet to come for them. Hopefully, it will happen as what he promised and I hope this time he will deliver.

At this point in time, I agree with Romney for suggesting to set aside political bickering because it is a culprit for the unstable growth and progress of the country. I believe in the dissolution of partisanship and that all parties must unite and work for the welfare of the people they serve. I believe in the power of many working for the betterment of the economy and also for the welfare of everybody.

Now that the election is over, I hope we all will set aside our differences and honestly help out in picking the shattered pieces of our nation's reputation and build them into whole again. This we all can do if we unite as one great nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment