Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Visit To My Ear Doctor

Yes.... today I am due to visit my ear doctor. After more than a month after my last ear surgery I was scheduled to go back to the ear doctor to see if how's things going on. I am kind of apprehensive but I have to go for my peace of mind.

I have also a theory class today at 0900H but I told on eof my colleague to cover for me after asking permission form our administrative staff coordinator. I already prepared the exercises for my student for that day and I already left it with my relief yesterday leaving a very thorough instructions on what to do while I am away.

Today, the students will have their fingerprints be programmed also on the computer for their clock-in and clock-out when they are in school. They will also get a little orientation on what to do during clocking-in and out. I believe their individual name tags and ID will also be issued today. Gosh.... a lot of interruptions in my class hours. Good thing they have time to do that when I am away for my doctor's visit.

I left the hose quarter to 0900H because my schedule at the doctor's office will be at nine sharp. Good thing the traffic is not that bad I arrived at the parking structure ten minutes before the intended schedule.

After parking I crossed the street from the parking structure and went to the elevator punching the button for the sixth floor. I lined up myself at the reception and registered myself, gave the receptionist my insurance card and paid the $25 co-pay then went to the doctor's office.

Mindy, the Armenian doctor's secretary greeted me and called me in to get my vitals then she send me to wait outside and wait until I will be called to the examining room because most of the examining rooms were occupied that time.

I went outside the waiting area and watched the early morning show hosted by Kelly Ripa and her amiable new football player host, because Regis Philbin had already retired. Today, was Kelly's birthday and judging with her looks on TV she looks stunning for her age. I don't know how old she is because I haven't catched them saying it while they were airing at that time.

Twenty minutes after, Mindy summoned me to go inside while she prepared the room for me. I sat on the examining table waiting for Dr. Terry to come in. Fifteen minutes later, he knocked on the door and came in greeting me and asking how everything is going.

I told him that everything is good and that my hearing was 200% improved and I was happy about the outcome of the surgery and that I have no issues or problems to give him except that my right ear hearing aid is under reapair right now because of some malfunction issues and also that the thing was already out of warranty so I have to shore out a huge amount to have it repaired.

He was just smiling at me while I was ranting amount my minor dilemma. He told me to lie down on the examining table so that he can examine the left ear. He had me turned my head to the right and then he visualize the inside of the left ear. I noticed and felt he is suctioning the ear canal which gave me at itchy sensation and he told me he's gonna put some liquid antibiotic with a small packing that will melt eventually.

After that he updated me that the new skin that was put during the surgery was been healing well except for a small portion that is not covered so he had it fixed and stuck it to put it in place. He also told me that they are healing well and that there was no infectin or any major issues noted. I was happy for the good news. He told me to go back again in one month to hav ean audiogram and another check-up. He guided me outside towards Mindy to schedule for the next appointment.

Whew! I am glad everything were okay and that I am super happy that everything went out well. I can also feel the progress because I know my hearing had improved greatly after that. I left the clinic and headed to school for my teaching class. Thank you Lord for everything and I cannot express my happiness right now. Oh..... how I felt so bless for all this good moments happening to me. Life is good indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment