Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Grandest Exit

Whew!.... I had a very long day today. It was a gruelling day which I say was a very rewarding day. I was teaching Nursing Process to Batch 40, my usual daytime theory class. It was a very thought draining lecture but at least very fulfilling. I'm glad the students learned it from me.

This coming Friday will be my last day with them because my October schedule says I have to go back to th eclinical site and the theory classes should be handled by Mr. Villanueva. It is sad though because I already got attached with this group after several weeks of teaching them. They were also sad because I am leaving them but I comforted them that they have to adapt to changes.

Changes are good for the better I say. From changes you'll benefit form intermingling with personalities especially with different teachers who have different experiences in didactic lectures or clinical rotations. It's kind of a win-win situations for them.... but you know they're still in denial that I am leaving them.

They're kind of resenting the decisions of the administration but I know eventually they will understand why it has to happen. I just let them waddle with their miseries and was just there present to assure them that I will be around especially when they needed me. I told them that they can call me and email me if they needed my advise that is why I gave them my celfone number and my email address.

Today we talk about Nursing Process and I taught them the rigors of making a simple but effective nursing care plan which some of the students are struggling to make. I have had students in Term 4 who doesn't even know how to make care plans and that was very shocking and distressing to know.

With this group, they were very eager to know and I make sure that I go slow for them to absorb thelecture and I also provided them with clear examples so that they can compare it later on when they are in the clinical settings. They say they totally learned a lot form me today especially on how to make the dreaded nursing care plan. That is still remains to be seen and I hope they will internalize what I taught them today.

I was still mourning my termination or sepration from them but I know it has to happen. It is for the common good and I will have to abide for it. As I exit from this class I know I am fulfilled and satisfied because I did my best for them to understand the rigors of the Fundamentals of Nursing and that I am proud enough to say that they all did well from day one till I left them.

I can sigh with relief leaving them in good hands and I know for sure that I will still see them again in their remaining terms, maybe on Terms 3 and 4, hopefully. But that's not so soon yet but crossing my fingers it will happen someday.

I also got a bad news today about our staffing administration consultant who told one of my colleague that he will be leaving anytime because he cannot take the issue form the administration not cooperating with him. I was shocked and I was tongue-tied because he is the one who organized and plained all thechaos and wrinkles within the internal school issues. And now that everything was almost straightened out he will leave the school. I dreaded that the school will go down the drain again. So sad about the bad news.

Well, they say that changes has to go on and the effect of it may be negative or positive. But life has to go on because it is continuous and dynamic and we just have to learn from the effects of the changes that is being imposed along the way. But whatever happens our consultant will take his grandest exit but organizing the previously chaotic system of the school and I leaving Batch 40 on Friday is happy enough and feel secured that they were been supplied with enough knowledge to carry on with their Term 1 clinical rotation.

God will bless me what will happen next but I am glad I am back in the clinical area again. There's no place I could call home but my clinical rotation exposures because I am very adept and good at guiding and assiting nursing students learn more in the clinical settings. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers. Hopefully, these students will learn more from me when they rotate in the field. Crossing my fingers they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment