Sunday, September 30, 2012

Planning Takes Time

Yes.... I am planning things right now. It entails a lot of thinking and decision making and I felt so extremely drained out now. Planning is a tough job actually but I am enjoying it because in the end I will be satisfied of what I will come up. Actually, I can't wait for it to happen and I'm loving the fact that I am planning it ahead of time.

In a couple of weeks I will have my town friend from the Philippines visit me. He is the city's accountant in our place.... my hometown. He will embark an almost five weeks vacation and will be staying with me on some of his vacation days going to places he has not been yet.

Right now, I am planning some itinerary for us to take when I will be off when he's here. I requested three days off from school and work to give time for my town friend to roam around the California state. That's why I have to plan out our road trip well to make it more pleasurable,interesting, and fun.

I know it is so overwhelming to do some conscious early planning so in order for my town friend to enjoy the much awaited road trip I have to carefully decide where to go based on our own likes and ante the plans so that everything will be in order.

I was planning to start a trip going north of California and most of it consists of driving the coastal roads looking for some well known lighthouses in central and northern California. I love lighthouses and I hope my town friend love them, too. For sure this will be a lot of fun and rewarding experience searching for them. I have some specimens in my mind and I also Googled some which I have found interesting and enjoyable to be at.

Our first day will start in Santa Barbara.... roaming the exotic city and its beaches as well as taste the foods and cuisine they are famous of especially the sweet crabs they have at the Stearn's Wharf. We will also be scouring the nearby lighthouses like the Point Conception Lighthouse near Lompoc Bay, the San Luis Obispo Lighthouse in San Luis Obispo, and lastly the Piedras Blancas Lighthouse in San Simeon.

We will stay for the night in San Simeon because all our second day activity will happen there. I Googled also the hotel we'll gonna stay there and I found an affordable one at Hotel.com and that is the Days Inn Hotel in San Simeon and it only cost us $66 for a night.

The next day we will tour the famous Hearst Castle and we will immerse ourselves with the opulence and beauty of the whole estate which is also famous worldwide. I can't wait for that to happen and explore the vastness of the beautiful castle as well as the estates it had covered. I hope my town friend will also love it.

When we're done at the castle we will continue heading north taking the famous California Highway 1 along the Cabrillo trail. We will also locate the two famous lighthouses near the Monterey Valley in the Salinas County which are the Point Sur Lighthouse in Big Sur, CA and the Point Pinos Lighthouse in Pacific Grove, CA.

Can't wait to see those two which looks very interesting at Google. I hope it will be a remarkable and memorable experience when we're there. Then we will stay the night in Monterey at Monterey Bay Travelodge which I also found at Hotel.com which only charges $59 for a night's stay.

We will also tour the famous places in Carmel, CA like the exotic Point Lobos Bay, famous Mission Carmel Church, and the well-known Forest Theater. Hope we will succesfully locate these places we're planning and aiming to go.

We will also explore the serene and beautiful city of Monterey, CA as well as go to the famous Monterey Cannery Row, Monterey Fisherman's Wharf, Lake El Estero, Colton Hall, and the renowned Monterey State Historic Park. I hope we can finish seeing all these places in half a day.

The following day we will continue going north and look for more beautiful and enticing lighthouses like the twin lighthouses in Santa Cruz, the Pigeon Point Lighthouse,and the Point Montana Lighthouse near San Jose, CA. We will also tour around San Jose and embrace the technological and modern progressive aura of the Silicon Valley.

We will be driving back home to Los Angeles after our tour in San Jose taking the notorious and tricky Highway 5 because I need to work in the clinical site the next day.

I hope my town friend will also enjoy the planned road trip, as we alternate ourselves in driving as well as enjoying the things that I love most...... that is, watching and hunting beautiful, captivating, and awesome California lighthouses and also appreciating greatly the beauty of the places we will be intending to visit and the towns and cities we will pass by. Oh..... I can't wait for it to happen.

Judging with all these itineraries it looks like our three days will be very hectic and jampacked with hilarious adventures because we only have limited times but a lot of places to go. Oh well.... it's okay for me as long we are on the move all the time to try out more places to visit. I just can't wait for this to happen successfully. Life is good and traveling is very rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment