Monday, September 3, 2012

Gym Routines And Progress

I don't know, but honestly I am so hyped up with my progress at the gym. I am very motivated to lose so much weight and I just cannot pass up any day without even exercising. It is a good feeling, although their is some nagging pain but pain is really good.

Without pain that means that my body is not exerting any effort. Pain is an indication that the body is trying to respond to the routines and that the muscles was able to grow and recover. I am just afraid if I am over doing it or I am just too obssess to get rid of the weight I have gained in the pass few months due to my lack of mobility and procrastination.

Sometimes I blamed myself for being a couch potato and a lazy person especially in doing exercises. I don't know but ever since I went back to the gym my motivation was just to lose the pounds that I have gained and to live a healthy life.

No one had really influenced me to go back exercising but my own free will. I am just technically afraid to probably die early because of the complications of being obese and the resurgence of senile or late onset diseases(i.e. diabetes and hypertension) especially when someone is getting old. I know I am not getting younger anymore.

I started to go back to the gym last month on August 7 and I religiously go at least 3 or 4 times a week for the past three weeks. I have sensed a little bit of progress and I know it will be a very slow process in order for my body to adapt to the changes.

I stick to do cardio exercises most of the time and do some weight lifting on the side sometimes. Cardio exercises is the best way and the fast way for me to lose weight so I've been doing a lot of them at the gym for the past three weeks now.

At the start I do a 30 minute jog with a speed of 4.5 mph on a level 1 incline on a treadmill. Then after that took a 10 minute cooldown but I held the speed at 3.0 mph on a level 0 incline. Technically the average distance I can jog for that amount of time is 2.4 miles and I can lose an average 210 calories on a 40 minute run. Then if I'm so hyped up I tried to take another round of 30 minute run with a 10 minute cooldown.

From the treadmill I will hop on the bike and start to pedal for 30 minutes with a 10 minute cooldown but first I will push myself to pedal for 5 miles with my fastest speed and beat my goal time of under 20 minutes. During the first week I went over the 20 minutes mark then on the second week and third week I pedaled between 16.3 to 18.15 minutes. My average speed for the first 5 miles runs between 94 to 109 rpm. My legs were very very sore and heavy after that.

Then after I finished the 5 mile mark for the bike I continued pedalling until I will reach the 30 minute cycle and the 10 minutes cooldown. I can average my distance for the whole 40 minutes (30 minutes bike and 10 minutes cooldown) to 8.0 to 9.5 miles. It seems that I am enjoying the bike rather than the treadmill. But both have really made me really sore that's why I have to pop two Tylenol pills after the exercise. I am also pretty much soaked up after the bike. My shirt was very drenched with sweat.

Sometimes after the bike I go up to the weight section and do some lifting enhancing my biceps, triceps, and pecs but I really doesn't focus on those because I just don't want to bulk up. My ultimate goal is just to lose weight and not to gain muscles.

I only focus on firming up my leg muscles so I do a lot of leg weight exercises like the thigh pull and the hamstring stretch. I do it almost everyday to strengthen my legs because I used it a lot for running, biking, and climbing/walking.

After doing weights above I go down and go back to the treadmill and do climbing by chosing the maximum incline to level 15 with a speed of 3.0 mph and walked or climbed for 30 minutes with a 10 minute cooldown. My average distance for that amount of time reached up to 1.5 miles and the calorie range I lose was between 380 to 490 depends on the speed I am using.

The climb was very taxing sometimes and it leaves me extremely sore after that but well I kind of ignore the pain and just imagine that it is a sign of progress. Well, no pain no gain as what they say so this actually had motivated me to do it more and more.

After the hike I will do some stretching exercises stretching my legs first then my arms and then roll my self on the big ball at the aerobics room and them try to relax on the floor after that then go to the locker room, change my shirt, and go home to take my shower.

Well, it's almost one month now that I've been doing this routines and may be now I have to take time to give my body some rest sometimes to give the muscles time to rest and grow also.

In three months time I will re-evaluate the progress and will let you know if it is effective or not. I am crossing my fingers that it will be successful. Sometimes I have doubts that I am overdoing it but as long as I am exercising I am not worried at all. As long as I sweat everyday and was been moving it will still help a lot in my ordeal and challenge.

Hopefully this will turn out as a positive and progressive endeavor and I just can't wait to see the result in due time. Aaah.... life is indeed mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment