Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Beating The Stressful LA Traffic

Well, I woke up early today because I was tasked to teach Pharmacology today with Batch 38. In order to beat the early morning traffic I have to leave the apartment early. I left the house at 0730H and drove south towards Long Beach. I have a long drive to do and traffic was so bad this morning.

I was in a hurry because I have to be in school by 0900H. I don't know if I can make it within 1.5 hours but by hook or by crook I have to be there or else the students will be teacherless.

When I get out of the freeway near the house which is the Hollywood Freeway (Freeway 101) going south, my God the traffic was neck-to-neck. It was very congested and the flow of the traffic was very slow. Although, the distance to the next freeway is about four miles and it took me fifteen minutes to get out of the Hollywood Freeway.

When I exchange on Freeway 110 south near the downtown which is the Pasadena Freeway, the traffic was even slower. I thredded my car to the fast lane but still the flow was still the same. It irked me a lot because I was stuck in these web-like traffic of the metropolis. I can't take it.

How could a fast lane traffic be slower if it's a fast lane? The question still hangs in there without any answer but it was very irritating to handle. There was no accident on site but the flow of the traffic was a rat race. It was preposterous and I am so stressed.

When I passed by the downtown going south passing the tunnels and the flyovers near the USC area there were still no changes. It seems that it's even slower. Everytime I passed by that tunnel the traffic was kind of slowed down. My hypotheses was probably because it was a downhill tunnel and the motorists are slowing down to prevent themselves from tailgating and thereby acquire an accident.

After I passed by the tunnel and exiting USC area the flow of the traffic started to pick up and then slowed down again at the flyovers near Inglewood going to LAX airport. It was a roller coaster ride I had today and my adrenaline was just pouring out and made me stressed out.

I still continued driving south going to Carson and Torrance then I got stuck again at Carson when I am about to exit Sepulveda Avenue. Seeing the exiters were lining up on a one lane exit I decided to re-route my exit and continued driving and decided to exit via Pacific Coast Highway.

Good thing the exit at PCH was not that congested but when I was driving along PCH, my oh my the traffic was very very slow and crowded. It took me another fifteen minutes to amble myself and try to beat the time until I arrived safely at school.

I arrived in school at around 0850H, ten minutes before the class starts. I looked for an available parking and saw Mr. Machitar whom I supposed to relieve for the Pharma lecture. Damn, Dr. Cinco forgot to inform me that he was back.

I alighted from my car and went into the school and clocked-in then spoke to Mr. Machitar and he decided to teach the class today so I decided to stay at school for five hours and charge the school for that. I ended up doing my paperworks and the students clinical grades as well as submitted their quizzes, care plans, skills checklists, and drug studies. At least I was productive and at the same time progressive.

When I passed by the DON's office, she and the Administrative Coordinator spoke to me if I can teach Batch 39 and 40 for Nutrition, Anatomy and Physiology every Mondays and Tuesdays. I told them that I can do it and they put me down on the schedule. I really needed more days and I never asked for it but it just happened that they offered it to me. Good timing!

Well, I'll be staying here for the rest of the day and I will probably have to wait later to pick-up my cheque then go home and go to the gym in the evening.

Well, beating the traffic and knowing that I am not teaching today was a win-lose situation but it all worked out for me. I got to finish my clinical paperworks and had submitted the students clinical grades at the same time. Well, at least I got to do something and my purpose of coming to school today has another purpose anyway. Hehehe.

Life is always a flexible thing and we have to be flexible in every thing we do for we don't know what will be coming and what will happen along the way, just like right now.

Beating the stressful Los Angeles traffic is of no use if I will end up unproductive for the rest of the day. To me, everything has a purpose and I should make all odds possible even if the odds are not with me. I tend to be resourceful as well as flexible at the same time.

Life is always unceratain and unpredictable. We must be ready for what will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment