Thursday, September 13, 2012

Adapting To New Cycle

Well, as I am being tasked to do the theory in school for Batch 40 in the morning from 0800H to 1600H, I have to force myself to wake up early at 0500H and start my day. Normally, I am a nocturnal person and having my circadian rhythm changed will entail a lot of adjustments for me.

First up, I have to wake up early and prepare myself because I needed to huddle myself for the early morning traffic of the Metropolitan Los Angeles freeways. It is hard sometimes because I'm used to woke up at 1000H or 1100H. Well, I can't complain because it is work. I am fortunate to have a thing called work in this times of recession.

Although I am struggling to adapt to the new cycle I still have to accustom myself to it and I know it will take time for me to get used to it. It will just be temporary until this kids will start their clinical rotations in two months. Then it will take two months for me to alter my rhythm then go back again to the usual.

Yet I am anticipating some problems already, because I will do day shift form Mondays to Fridays 0800H till 1600H then night shift from Fridays till Sundays 1900H to 0700H and it will be quite distressing for me every Fridays and Mondays because I got to work twenty hours plus change my rhythm abruptly.

Although it is temporary I can see some problems already. I know I've been doing it before so I feel that I can keep up with it progressively. Once my body will get use to it I will be fine and I can't complain. I just have to modify the hour on Fridays and Mondays by probably dismissing them an hour early to give way to the afternoon traffic rush.

Fridays will be kind of tough because I have to work nights at the nursing home. Although my job at the nursing is just a supervisory job yet if I have back-to-back admissions I will be busy the whole night but it won't be a problem because I got to take a nap a little bit fo rmy 30 minute break.

Mondays will also be hard because form night shift at the nursing home I will be leaving the facility at 0700H to gave way for the early morning traffic then stay up until 1600H and then by the time I am driving home the traffic will be worst and I will be soporific inside my car but I usually stay awake sometimes.

Well, adjusting to this diurnal and nocturnal times is very difficult but I have to because now that these opportunity for me to teach theory had knocked then I hav eto accept it because it seldoms happen to me. I know it will gave me any problems but I also know that there will no problems that cannot be remedied and I am always resourceful and keen in dealing with it.

I am a strong person and I can handle this to myself. Life has always a lot of perils and it's up to us to handle ourselves well in order to surpass these atrocities in order to be functional and productive. Like me, I am always ready to face these adversities and learn from them if something negative comes up. That's how we learn life anyway.

Hopefully, my journey to adapt to this changes will be okay and I will have a lot to learn in the end. With God's guidance and my faith to Him I know I can make it to the last line. There is nothing impossible with Him and I am blessed to believe in HIm forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment