Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Teaching Is A Joy

Right now I am with Batch 36-A assigned at Long Beach Care Center. Actually, I have met them last week. This group is very quiet but very eager to learn and they accepted me wholeheartedly which I am glad to know.

I tried my very best to teach them how to make a good and effective nursing care plan so I focused a lot on teaching them good techniques on how to make one. It is a joy to know that they are very open to criticisms and it lifted my heart that they are very eager to learn each day. Sad to know though that tomorrow will be their last day.

At least I am leaving them very efficient now in making their individualized care plans and I am very positive that they will be well equipped later on as they progress on their term. I felt fulfilled when I heard some good comments about my mentorship and I am very proud of my achievements. Thank you God for being there all the time guiding me to teach this eager students on their way to achieve their goal to become a compassionate nurse.

My profession is the most rewarding career I ever felt and there is always happiness in serving people of all walks of life. They are just bundles of joy that spiced up my day and I loved doing it all the time. I can't get enough so I always makes an extra mile doing things for them.

My teaching job had given me extreme satisfaction in serving these eager students. I never realized that I will end up teaching. It might be triggered by my love with my mom. My mom is a ver competent teacher and seeing her do her job when I was little had inspired me so much. It was a joy to see her guiding these students become successful and seeing them come back and tell my mom that they are grateful for all her efforts when they were under  her empathic care.

My work in the hospital had also taught me how to be more patient to my clients. My perseverance of doing patient care at the bedside for twelve grueling hours had made me tough and confined. I am more passionate in what I do and I am loving the fact that I had developed my personality into a respectable kind of guy.

With all this knowledge, success, achievements, and success that I have achieved all throughout my lifetime I can say that I also gained more wisdom especially when I commit mistakes. And I always go back and reflect why it had happened and internalized the circumstances for me to learn what should have been done.

Now, I am a more focused person always equipped with goals to tackle every day. I am more alert in my actions thinking the consequences of my actions. I am very more creative in dealing with my students and I am proud all the time when they make some good and inspiring side comments about my efforts for them. I am loving what I do and will forever continue doing it until my last breath.

 It is an irony though because n as much as I wanted to start it in my home I can't do it because I am far from my nephews and nieces who really needed me badly to usher them to a better life. I am just praying and hoping that they will be okay and will be in good hands and that they will grow up to be a knowledgeable, dynamic, and confident gals and guys.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment