Sunday, July 29, 2012

Olympic Opening Parade

Yesterday marked the opening day of the XXX Olympic Game sheld in London, UK. I worked last night but I see to it that the telecast was been recorded on my TIVO so that I can watch it when I get home in the morning. And yes it was been recorded in full high color definition.

When I got home this morning I took a hearty breakfast, drank my milk, and my necessary early morning medicine then giddily positioned myself in front of my big screen television. I look like a very eager and excited boy waiting for my mom to give me surprises. And it was indeed a very interesting show I was prepping myself to watch at that time.

When the show gradually paced itself I was so amused at the pompous opening number choreographed by the ever famous Director Michael Boyle and it was very entertaining.

The show started slowly and then it paced pulsatingly until it become more interesting to watch. I like the fact that the Mother Queen had participated with the opening with a double to do the parachuting stunt landing at the stadium to open the games of the 30th Olympiad.

Although gaiety and the pompousity of the event cannot match the showmanship of the Chinese during the last olympic the propgram had ended up with a lot of British flare on it. It can't be ignored that it was very British in some ways.

The visual effects and the flow of the videos presented were very intricate and exciting. I loved them. The stadium was packed and the capacity was surmounting.

The most excitable scene I have seen was the participation of the Mother Queen accompanied by James Bonds Daniel Craig and the participation of the two cute royal dogs plus 20 billion people had a glance of the inside of Kensington Palace where she resides.

There were very interesting presentations like the Parade of Nations wherein I was very emotional when my country Philippines was been featured with eleven athletes dressed in barongs. I got goosebumps also with the flare of the United States athletes and seeing my favorite athletes like Kosume Kitajima (which I'm rooting to win another two golds in a game he dominated in the last two olympiads.)

The pompousity of the opening program was very intoxicating until it came to the lighting of the cauldron wherein Mr. Redgrave (one of the most celebrated British athlete) along with other six well known British athletes passed the seven torch to seven British sports atheletes who lighted the ends of the 200 tiny lying long slender tubes.

The fire they lighted on the tube started to flow in circular motion making the circumference of the lying slender tubes imminent because of the flowing glowing lights. The trick was this tube was hoisted slowly to stand making the lighted tips meet midair forming an enormous big and circular playing flames at the center of the arena. The standing long tubes where compressed together forming a big urn at the middle with the tongues of the fire flickers from the distance. It was the highlight of the show. Magnificent idea Director Boyle. Very egalitarian.

The show was culminated by Sir Paul singing Beattle's inspiring songs while playing an expensive looking piano at the center of the satage. He even upped the excitement of the people which he sang the song "Hey Jude" with an very promising participation of the audiences, atheletes, and participants that packed the enormous stadium.

Then after that the games was officially opened by the Mother Queen. Well, LOndon wasvery prepared about this event and the security was very tight. I am glad that I have saved the entire celebration of the said event. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment