Saturday, June 30, 2012

Totally Kids Rotation

I was with Batch 33-B at Totally Kids in Sun Valley, CA a far place from where I live and a much more far distance from the school. If the students will take 405 Freeway for sure they will get stuck in the traffic as well as the 110 Freeway taking Interstate 5 going North.

It always has to happen every Wednesday because we have the privilege to work there every Wednesday to observe for some Pediatric cases for the student's Pediatric Clinical Rotation.

As for me it was just like about less than an hour for me to drive in order to get there but the side streets going to the Interstate North was always a struggle all the time especially the ones at Loz Feliz area, the traffic was really bad.I have to leave an hour before so that I can get there on time despite of nagging traffic.

Totally Kids was a very unique place for special kids. Most of the patients or residnets there have syndromes. They have some sort of hereditary diseases that hinder their functioning in doing certain tasks for theirselves. The place catered for them to be independent as well for a total care for some who were diagnosed with a very debilitating disorder.

Almost 90% of the patients there have tracheostomy and feeding tubes like GT. My students were very eager to learn a lot especially for this very unique and special field of Nursing. I was etehre help and guide them for what they needed to learn about the field.

There were 10 students in the group that I am handling right now and there were only 5 of them were very dedicated driving and carpooling themselves in order not to pass up this rare opportunity that was been passed to them by the educator of the facility.

I just culminate the group's exposure last Wednesday and as we reviewed and relived the events that had happened every Wednesdays for 4 weeks, I was glad that the students has a good attitude towards their studies.

Totally Kids was an awesome place, clean, organized, and very well kept. The residents looks very fragile to but as they struggle evry day to keep them alive was very inspiring and captivating as well. It was a joy to have been exposed there and I am hoping that my students have learn so much. I hope they like this Pediatric Rotation and I hope they have learn so much from their every day interaction with th Pediatric population in general.

Last Wednesday was our last day there and as I reviewed the students about their exposure their most of them says that it was very favorable to be there and that they have learn a lot about the Pediatric populations and they all swear that this experience had made them a better Pediatric Nurse and that this will be their instrument in the future had they found a job related to Peds.

Good luck guys and enjpy your experiences along the way as your education had paved you to the very intriguing and tender profession anywhere around the globe. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment