Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Eating Healthy

Life is too short. At forty-two it seems that I felt I am deteriorating. To others living past four decades is still a young, but to me it is a struggle already. I tend to have problems defecating now and I am very conscious ending up having intestinal problems. I just can't stand having the idea of colostomy.

I never like to eat fruits although sometimes I tried to incorporate it in my diet to get some necessary essential vitamins and minerals but the mere fact of preparing it was very taxing to me. I just want it done then popped them to my mouth. But have to think out in a box about what my future holds health wise so I decided to prepare my own fruit and vegetable portions every day.

I found it enjoyable actually. Preparing those foods were a joy. I never thought that at first. It was a good past time actually for me. I get to be creative in what I am doing and at the same time savor the flavors I am preparing. It was a good hobby for me. And I got to perfect my skills in food preparation. I never value my father's teachings before about food. Now I understand why he always mentioned that all in a day you will end up doing your own food. And now, I know.

My knowledge with food is not that extensive before but when I started to do my own food I research it first then tried it out from the context of a recipe. Then I tried to be innovative wit what I am doing and it fattens my heart creating a good outcome almost 90% of the time. It was a joy of life to have done it. I will never hate cooking and preparing food again.

I get to be more prudent in my choice of food, trying to lean on the healthy side, cutting back on the bad fats and thinking about the nutritious ones. It was kind of a struggle sometimes but it's worth the time, believe me. I enjoyed it most of the time. It is a good past time to de-stress also. My health is my optimum priority now and I am glad my blood pressure went down without even taking a maintenance pill

Yes, life is too short and if I will not act early on then I will end up six feet below the ground. And I would not let that to happen because I know I still have a lot of things to do and enjoy, places to visit and explore, and people to make serve and make happy. It is just a matter of choice and my choice is pro-life of course. Good luck on yours. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment