Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Have Voted

There's a mania lately about a certain contestant in American Idol. She sang astonishingly and was riveting in every renditions she did. Her name is Jessica Sanchez, a 16-year-old phenomenon and a "kababayan"

She is a Filipino-American born and raised in San Diego to a Filipina mom and a Hispanic military father. Her voice appears very grown-up and professional that's why many people were attuned to her songs including my self.

Every time she sings I was lulled to another world and I was captivated by the emotions of the song. It was very stellar and always over-the-top as one of the AI judges had blurted out. I am hooked to the show because I wanted to follow her and see her grab the coveted winner position which promises a lot of fortune and fame.

Last night, a very cool Wednesday night, I plastered mysel in front of the television and watched the four contestants as they elbowed themselves toward the finale in two weeks time. Watching everyone sing I was in oohs and aahs and was excited as the show gradually progresses to culminate.

When Jesicca sang her first song I was glued to the screen and listen to her smooth growly rendition of Etta Jame's "Steal Away". It was classy and bluesy and added to that a lot soulful. It was a fresh of breath air that she delivered it to the top. The other contestants were just sub par and overall round one was A-okay.

There were duets by the two boys and the two girls and it was just the ice breaker of the whole show. It was just for intermission purposes and both duets didn't really raised up the bar.

The the set of individual songs were very competitive and the one that my girl had sang was ultra powerful and was delivered with a professional touch of a very experienced singer at such a young age. It was pretty much captivating and wonderful.

After the show I lined up my two iPhones, my MacBook, and my home telephone then simultaneously dialled the phones and tapped my computer trying to register my votes. It was crazy-cool to have done it and at the same time Facebooking to check my friend's comments at "RNs For Jessica Sanchez" group in Facebook.

I learn to multitask at that moment, punching redial every now and then and entering codes online by copy-pasting the codes. It was just hilarious! I was balling and it was very exciting.

I kept doing that for almost two hours until I've exhausted my maximum numbers then I gave it a stop. It was very exciting and enjoyable doing it and I hope my girl had gotten enough votes to stay for safety. I hope and I am crossing my fingers.

With the outpouring of support from all the Filipinos around the globe, from the Philippines, Europe, Canada, and America I hope every one had casted their votes and I can see how they want to give support to her despite of the fact that it will be our pride and honor as Filipinos to be recognized as good singers. And that tasks was given to my "IT" girl.

No matter what happened she will be guaranteed to have a bright future and it will be just an icing in the cake if she champions the finale. That will be a big celebration for us Pinoys and she will be a National Pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment