Friday, March 2, 2012

My Trip Back To Los Angeles

FEBRUARY 22, 2012: After bading good bye with Ricky I lined up at the security line and went through the line without any problems. When I was okay inside I waved at him while he was outside trying to be sure that I am okay. I waved at him to say my last goodbye and I turned around trying not to look back because it hurts seeing him for the last time. It was a very emotional moment for me. 

Initially the gate I was assigned for my flight to Los Angeles was at Gate 18 but thirty minutes before the boarding time they moved the gate to Gate 36. I have to turn around the next building and looked for Gate 36 along with the other passengers who were waiting there bound for Los Angeles.

When we got at the Gate 36 they started to board us at 1850H. There were not much passengers for this direct trip from Mexico City to Los Angeles. I was the only passenger on the row of my seat and I had a big room to rest. We left Mexico City at around 2000H.

I napped a little bit trying to nurse my fatigue from my week long vacation and escapades. It was really a nice and memorable trip having spent it with the guy I like most and learned to love. I smiled at myself trying to remember all these unforgettable things that had happened during those times. I am glad I made this trip to give me the much needed answers to my self doubts.

The flight from Mexico City to Los Angeles was smooth and not bumpy compared to the flight I did when I came there.  It was a very relaxing flight where I napped all throughout the trip.

After three hours we arrived at Los Angeles airport at around 2300H and it was cold when we got there. Twenty minutes before landing we had an emergency at the plane. 

One of the female attendant had spotted one lady passenger two seats above me to be pale and was in respiratory distress. She asked her if she's okay but the passenger didn't respond and was catching her breath and was about to throw up.

One of the male flight attendant came to rescue and brought an oxygen tank with a mask and had reached one of the emesis packet for the lady to vomit. After she vomited he placed her on the oxygen mask and had leaned the seat so that the lady will feel better.

The female flight attendant called on the intercom calling for any passenger affiliated in medical field so I volunteered because I am the only nurse passenger during that flight. I went to the seat where the lady is and interviewed her for my assessment.

I asked her about her pertinent medical diagnosis, age, medications, and his complaints and symptoms. I noticed that she was clammy and was thinking that she was hypoglycemic. I asked the male flight attendant if they have a glucometer and when he came back with it I immediately took the lady's blood sugar which came back very low at 30 mg/dl. 

We gave the lady a cup of orange juice and continued to placed her on oxygen because she felt like she's fainting. I also took her blood pressure and it was way below the borderline. I stayed at her side until the plane landed at the tarmac.

When the plane was taxiing at the tarmac it cruised to the United Airlines gate concierge and had opened the door in time for the EMT to come in to attend to the ailing lady that had almost fainted inside the plane.

The passengers were then halted to disembark because of the emergency and then we were instructed that we will be transported via a bus to the Tom Bradley International Airport to line for the immigration check and to pick up our luggages there.

When we got to the Tom Bradley International Airport I lined up immediately at the immigration because I was very tired now and just wanted to go home and retire. I passed through the immigration without any problems then when I came out of the airport I immediately looked for the taxi line.

When I got to the taxi line I was assigned to a Korean taxi driver who was quiet and never talked. I told him the address and he took the 405 Freeway and made a right on the 10th Freeway and exited at Western Avenue and made a right at Lemon Grove Avenue where I live.

I gave the taxi driver the necessary dues  for the lift and tipped him $15.00 for the speedy drive. He was bowing constantly thanking me for the generous tip.

I immediately rolled my luggage to the apartment and started to took a warm shower and then changed with my PJs. It was already 0030H, so I decided to text Ricky that I've arrived safely in Los Angeles and now that I am home because it's not convenient for me to wake him up at 0330H in Mexico City. I decided to call him in the morning and told him of my ordeal during the flight back to Los Angeles.

I was glad I'm back home after my eight days journey and sojourn in Mexico. It was a breath of fresh air being back to my apartment and do the things I left behind. This mini-vacation was a much needed trip to answer all my doubts about a person I will try to fall in love. And I am glad that I had all the positive answers I needed to know. 

Oh how I wish it will be July again so that I can be back at Ricky's arms and reminisce all the good times and the bad times we had together from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment