Saturday, March 3, 2012

In Recollection: My Eight Days Trip To Mexico

FEBRUARY 24, 2012: Yeah, my goal in staying in Mexico for eight days was about searching my inner soul. Searching for the answers I needed to know to give me a guarantee about my self doubts. And so far I've found the answers to it and I am very happy for the outcome.

Also, along with my sojourns I was there to learn about the country called Mexico. To learn about a country who in the first place has given me some notorious ideas and pessimistic thoughts in retrospective which I have learned were all a fallacy. I found it out during my first trip here, last December, that Mexico has a lot to offer and I was magically drawn to the simplicity of this country as well as the infectious rustic living in the outskirts of the city which I am longing to see and do.

The strolls on the streets of the city compared to the streets of the municipalities were very different and wonderfully interesting. It was a very entertaining as well as educational visits to every city I've been to. I cannot trade everything I've had experienced and I will surely look back and reminisce every thing I have experienced when I will be old enough to do a lot of musing and recollecting.

Every city has its own unique and wonderful characteristics and it had amazed me how they differ from each other yet they are the same as one country. It was a very puzzling notion to know their differences yet their ideals as a country are one. It had nullified my very inquisitive curiosity because I can really feel that there is a unique difference but the holistic perception of each place as a country was very rock solid. It was awesome!

I found the churches very beautiful to browse at especially for those very intricate and meticulously vintage altars I have seen so far. They left an indelible mark in my spiritual self and had made me commune with my inner soul. It was moving and touching at the same time. I am energized with an aura of an extreme power yet I am drawn to my inborn catholic roots.

The food were very authentic and wonderfully delicious. I cannot complain. They were different from the ones in the United States. I am flabbergasted! I don't know what to choose.  And each city has their own staple food to present that's why I never stopped exploring and trying them to quench my unquestioningly erratic satiety. I never stopped feeding my epicurean taste all the time.

The archeological museums had given me thorough knowledge about the ancient Indian people in Mexico. Their customs and culture, their beliefs and traditions, their arts and crafts, and their ways and migrating habits had always left me myriad questions in my head. Everything I needed to know was laid in front of my bare eyes right there and then and I supplemented it wth some readings from the internet then viola I was back in those times learning and re-learning everything I needed to know.

The art and exhibit museums were all fascinating. It had given me an idea how various Mexican artists had evolved. How they painstakingly and stoically thrive in their respective realm in order to be recognized. I had known their complicated and moving lives and the genre they were evolving right there and then and I had a satisfaction of browsing their wide array of beautiful works and I liked it very much so far.

My stay in Mexico City was just a panacea of the lost times I've missed during my last visit. I continued strolling the streets that I've never strolled before. I got to see the magical Chapultepec Castle which was very beautiful. I got to amble around the Chapultepec Park and Lake and walk along at the famous Paseo de la Reforma and met some very interesting people. 

I've came back to TransLatino Tower in Zocalo and saw the aerial view of the entire city in 360 degrees which I never saw and done before. I found the intricate House of Tiles which I missed last time. I got to see the inside part of the Palacio de las Bellas Artes which was close last time when I went there. Everything I did not do last December was been continued during this second trip.

I came back to Teotihuacan and strolled the famous "Paseo de las Muertos" and had climbed the magical and second largest pyramid there which is the "Piramide de la Luna" and have seen the adjacent beautiful and intricate pyramids lining the stretch of the "Paseo de las Muertos".

The last time I went there was closing time and I only had the chance to climb the largest pyramid which is the "Piramide del Sol". When I was there, the pyramid was teeming with tourists eagerly climbing its treacherous peak. They look like hyperactive ants going up to the top of the pyramid from where we're at at the paseo. 

I also got  to see and browse the Teotihuacan Museum and had seen some of the interesting raw exhibits they have about some stuff from the ruins.  And I had seen a lot of people, along with their friends and families, teeming and crowding in the eight kilometer stretch of the "Paseo de las Muertos". It was a very exciting time we had at the pyramids.

Now, I came to see more new pyramids I've never seen before. We went to Teotihuacatl and Cacaxtla in Tlaxcala, which was believed to be a sacred ceremonial pyramid places. They're both beautiful to see and explore in person. I've never regretted seeing and climbing all of them with a very inquisitive curiousity. Please go to my specific blogs for this pyramids. It was very amazing and educational!

I got to visit the beautiful rustic quiet town of Coyoacan and had strolled its streets. I have enjoyed the market stroll and had browsed a lot of interesting items there. I got to see how calm and quiet the place and had visibly entertained retiring there. I got to visit the nearby Frida Kahlo Museum which is an enormous blue house at the corner of Calle de Allende and Calle Londres. It was a very fascinating, amazing, and educational tour we had there.

We also went to the famous city of Xochimilco where the waters of its dying river became alive with hundreds of parked colorful gondola-like rectagular boats. It's riverways were calm and quiet and were teeming with colorful boats called "trajineras" rowing travellers and tourists in their delight of the murky still water. The flower beds in the nurseries being seen on the sides of the river grows thousands of colorful and beautiful flowers. It was very beautiful to look at.

Our travel to Queretaro was even spiced up with angst and petty quarrels but we did reconcile and settled our individual differences. Queretaro was a sprawling industrial city and was very beautiful. The colonial streets of the downtown was very beautiful and pretty. The strolls was fantastic and enjoyable. I was delighted to see the captivating aqueducts and the waterways. The churches were magically and wonderfully pretty. As if I don't want to leave the place. The "gorditas" were succulent and tasty. I never dreamed to have eaten five of those.

Our stay in San Miguel de Allende was very unforgettable. We have stayed at the very best "bed and breakfast" hotel called Quetzal. The food were awesome and excellent! As if I don't want to stop eating there. It was very memorable. The narrow cobbled stone streets of the city geometrically arranged in a very intricate manner were an extreme pain to the feet but the stroll was very magical and wonderful. The corral pink church of San Miguel de Allende was very beautiful and steadfast. The establishments were very nice to browse at and the goods were very cheap. The big amount of western retirees roaming the streets without any worries or jitters were just banal. 

Our drive to Guanajuato was the craziest among the drives. We were alone in the scary and desserted savanna and we were acting like crazies. Guanajuato was also a very beautiful sprawling place. The scene on top of "El Pipila" was awesome. Seeing those colored boxed houses from the hills all over the city had filled my eyes with awe and amazement. The tunnel system under the city were very treacherous but we still enjoyed the drive around the city. The downtown was very rowdy yet it was nice there. The noisy throng of people were always fun loving and the jovial crowd of the city was very different from the other cities I've been. 

The drive to Cubilete was very frightening yet I have seen the Cristo Rey even though we got there already in the dark. I got to see the narrow street of "Callejon de Beso" wherein the veranda of each houses there met. It has a very interesting and magical story of it's own. Please research it. The churches were quite similar from the other cities I've been to. The market place were also interesting and the food were unique to the place alone.  Guanajuato is a very unique city and a memorable city for me.

My eight days sojourn were filled with action-packed-adventures and various educational musings about the country's culture and people as well as the demographics of the city I've been to. Again, it was a soul-searching travel yet an enjoyable travel I can never forget in my entire life. I am glad my goals I've been looking before I went here were all answered and this trip had given me the guarantee that I will be coming back here again to search for more interesting and lovable places to learn their life and culture.

Mexico has so far grew in me and I am trying my best to learn the complicated Spanish language intimately so that when I come back here again I would never be left out. I think I am embracing this country and its culture now because it is quite similar to my motherland when it comes to culture and religious practices. And I hope I will know more new and wonderful places when I come back here.

This trip could not be possible without the one and only guy that had unselfishly and unconditionally helped me fulfill my puzzling goals and had painstakingly brought me to a lot of amazing places I've never been. To the ever amiable Ricky, thank you very much for being extra patient with me and for never complaining (I love you for that.) You are the second most wonderful person I've known among my caring and loving friends that I've met during my current and previous travels. Without you my recent trips would not be possible and I thank you from the very super abyss of my heart. 

"Todas gracias mi amigo. Viaje con Dios!"

No comments:

Post a Comment