Friday, March 2, 2012

Back To Mexico City From Guanajuato

FEBRUARY 22, 2012: I woke up early at 0600H at the Hotel San Diego in Guanajuato after a long night rest preparing my luggage for my trip back to Los Angeles tonight. Our stay at Guanajuato was been memorable, unforgettable, and I am very pleased of the outcome.

We took our bath and changed, then after that we decided to tour the city of Guanajuato for the last time. We went to see the Nuestra Senora de Guanajuato Church (where I had my self blessed with the Ash for it was Ash Wednesday that day), the Hidalgo Market, the Granaditas, and the Guanajuato University, the Teatro Juarez, and the Church of Santo Alcala. We also went to see the Callejon de Beso and visited some of the very important fountains all around the city.

We also tried to eat some of the street foods we saw along the streets and the one that really reverberated at the back of my mind was the tasty and delicious tamales we found near the Hidalgo Market.The tamales was loaded with ham, cheese, and spinach and it was very delicious and succulent. It was the best tamales I had ever tasted.

We also bought some fresh empanaditas at one of the local bakery and also ate some sliced variety of fruits placed in a lunchbox squeezed with lime and sprinkled with a slight salt and chili powder. It was very good to eat it early that time to start off our good and pleasant morning.

We finished this last tour of the city at around 0930H and then we went back to Hotel San Diego and decided to check out at the hotel then we left the city at around 1130H driving back north to Mexico City taking the straight and long Freeway 57.

We passed by the mouth of Celaya but we never passed by the city because we were wary if we have enough time. The road was also loaded with a very nice sceneries of lush green wheat and corn plantations and various nurseries and when we reached the industrial city of Queretaro we remembered our memorable experiences that we had spent there two days ago.

The drive to Mexico City was long and tedious and we were bored along the way. I napped several times and left Ricky driving on his own. He was very understanding about it because he knows I have a very long trip to tackle later tonight. He just wanted me to be rested well before I left Mexico. I pity to leave him alone driving while I was napping but I have to do it because I was pretty beaten up from our week long trip in Mexico.

The road trip from Guanajuato to Mexico City was normally about four hours but Ricky took it for three-and-a-half hours and he was driving between 110 to 120 kph. The road trip was smooth yet rushed and good thing there's no hassles or impediments along the way.

We arrived at the Mexico City boundary at around 1500H and we exited at a mall near the airport because we were starving so much. We still have enough time to spent eating for the last time and that we can bond a little bit more before I will leave Mexico City.

At the mall, we decided to eat at Chili's and we ordered food to quench our hunger. I ordered an oriental baby back ribs and Ricky ordered the sizzling beef-and-chicken fajita combo but before that we ordered a spicy buffalo wings for our appetizer for us to share and a matching strawberry margarita (for me) and a lime margarita (for Ricky) which was very very delicious.

When our entree came I shared by baby back ribs with Ricky and he also shared his beef-and-chicken fajita with me. We enjoyed our hearty lunch happily talking about our experiences during this trip. We left Chili's so stuffed and we had a good time during that time. It was memorable for me.

We then left the mall, Ricky drove me to the airport. The traffic was very congested and crowded yet we made it early on time. Ricky parked his car at the parking where he picked me up and then we went to Terminal 2 where I will be checking in at the United-Continental Airlines Terminal.

The line at the United Airline counter was not that busy and I went through it in a jiffy after I provided my necessary paperworks like the e-ticket, my Driver's License ID, and my passport. Then I checked in my luggage sans my backpack which I opted to have it hand carried.

It was 1630H after  I checked in and we still have enough time to spend with each other. We went to the airport's food court and looked for an available table to sat at and  continued our zany stories and laugh at them giddily. Hehehe. I asked Ricky to buy me a vanilla sundae ice cream at McDonald's because I was looking for some sweets after that hearty lunch we had at Chili's.

I can feel Ricky's anxiety for my departure and I am also bleeding inside leaving him alone at the airport. We started to discuss our next itinerary trip south of Mexico which we tentatively scheduled in July. I am very excited about it and can't wait to be back again.

At 1745H, it was time for me to line up at the security line in order to locate my gate inside and it's time to bade goodbye to Ricky. He gave me a tight hug and I pecked him on the cheek. I promised to call him once I get to Los Angeles to assure him that I arrived safely and he reminded and pleaded me to do it once I got home. 

I lined up at the security line and passed through the x-ray line without any problems. When I was inside I still saw Ricky outside looking at me trying to be sure that I was okay and had passed through the line. I waved at him inside and trying to assure him that every thing is okay then I continued inside to look for my gate.

It was a very  poignant moment not to look back after that because I don't want to cry. It was a very emotional moment for me leaving the person I learned to like and love and I hope that I will be back again here to spend more time with him in July, fingers crossed. 
 
Good bye Mexico City, good bye Ricky, for sure I will be back here again. Thanks for the fond memories and I won't forget both of you in my hearts. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment