Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rest Day On My Fifth Day Sojourn

FEBRUARY 18, 2012: I went to sleep early last night and when I woke this morning at 0800H I felt so sore all over my body as if I'm craving for a much needed massage. My throat was also sore and dry spitting thick tenacious phelgm in yellow color.

I immediately popped two tablets of Tylenol 500 mg and went back for my blog which I probably left last night on the study table. I never had any recollection of what had happened last night.

I was planning to go back to Chapultepec Park today to browse the Chapultepec Lake and the Chapultepec Zoo but I really felt I will probably gave in if I'll keep pushing myself. So, I intended this day as a rest day instead.

My friend Ricky is still working today so I will be left alone again at the hotel. After finishing three blogs, I felt so bored so I decided to take a shower and dressed. It was already noon time so I decided to eat outside.

I walked towards Zona Rosa but I don't know why I made a right immediately at Calle Dinamarca and spotted the nearby McDonalds. Because I was starving I went in and ordered a meal of Big Mac with a medium diet Coke. I gobbled the meal and then continued to make one blog there.

I left the McDonald's and kept ambling Reforma Avenue when I spotted the new mall. I went inside the mall and started window shopping starting from the topmost floor going down the ground floor. I spiraled each floor trying to do it without even a fuss. I did not buy anything but I enjoyed window shopping.

I saw a Starbucks Coffee Cafe at the east corner of the mall, ordered a medium caramel macchiato, and found a corner table where to continue typing my blogs. I stayed there for three hours typing my blogs on my notebook and then just copy paste it later on my blog site. There was no WiFi at the cafe.

I spotted several interesting people at the cafe and actually have mingled with them. I can feel my awkwardness today may be because probably of my not feeling well. I don't know! Instead, I just continued blogging and letting my imagination flow through without any hesitation. I was just pumped up to write everything word-for-word.

When I was through with my blog I decided to watch a movie. It was only 1600H and I know Ricky will not be back at 2000H as what he told me this morning when he left. 

I watch the "Journey Towards the Middle of The Earth: Part2" which starred Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock. I saw part one before and even read the entire book series so I decided to continue part two here in Mexico. The movie is in English (well, that's good) and was subtitled in Spanish. It was full of suspense and surprise that my body was pounding adrenaline and my heart was been racing to it's top workmanship. Hahaha.

After the movie, I was hungry again and decided to eat Asian. I was surprised they have P.F. Chang Resto here. I went inside the resto and ordered a lettuce wrap with garlic ground chicken and a kicking strong frozen strawberry margarita. The food was great!

After the dinner, I went back to the hotel. It was 1945H that time and I was already so tired for not doing nothing but just window shopping and watching a movie and also finishing up my blogs. I didn't know it was equally tiring than the previous days I have spent here. May be it was because I was already sore then I aggravated it again today. May be!

Today, was quite a long day and it was my rest day. Yet, I spend it quite productively by finishing up my blogs. Tomorrow, we will leave early in the morning for Guanajuato and I can't wait for more adventures despite of how fatigued I am.

Thank God.... for this day and at least I have spent it fruitfully without any problem. Amen to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment