Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ricky's Simple Birthday Soiree

FEBRUARY 17, 2012: Well, after walking a lot for the whole day and had visited the Chapultepec Castle, ambled the beautiful Avenida de la Reforma, saw Mexico City's skyline in 360 degrees, as well a dined out at the tower's posh Miralto Restaurant it's time to take a nap at the hotel and wait for Ricky to come back after a day's work on his birthday.

He came back at 2000H and we decided to eat at the hotel's restaurant. We changed and then went down on the second floor, where the restaurant is located. There were no people there, only the two of us. I asked Ricky if he wanted to do Sing-a-long because the bar has one but he declined. I even told him that I can sing for him but he gladly declined it. Funny!

We sat at the corner table and ordered food. I know the waiter because I ate out there two days before for a lunch and Gabriel had introduced himself to me. I introduced the waiter to Ricky and "Voila!", they were chummy with each other spurting Spanish words like a lightning and was even laughing at each other. I also told Gabriel that it was Ricky's birthday today and he gladly took note of that.

I ordered the grilled white fish with vegetables roasted in olive oil and Ricky ordered a Northern Beef Acarrezza with quesadilla on the side. I was supposed to order it but I changed my mind because I didn't know what it is so I decided to order the grilled fish fillet. For drinks we both ordered a frozen lime margarita and we enjoyed sipping it together.

While waiting for the food we were telling stories about our day's activities and I told Ricky about my wonderful adventures at the castle, my lonely but interesting stroll at the avenue, my wonderful view and observation at the tower deck of Torre del Latino, and my forgettable dinner at the Miralto Resto. I also did not neglect telling him that I was almost duped by a taxi driver.

He was laughing at my experiences for that day especially the ones with the taxi driver. I was even laughing upon remembering it. He then told me that he was with the visitors at the Zocalo the whole day. They had visited the Catedral Metropolitana and had went up the bell tower, went to the Palacio Postal and the Palacio Nacional, and also toured the Templo Mayor. We all both have a long and tiring day.

When our food came, we started to gobble and enjoyed them sharing some more bits of stories about our day's adventures and wanderings. I ate my fish very slowly with much gusto trying to enjoy the fresh taste of the exactly grilled-right-fillet and the sweet-and-juicy  roasted vegetables. The cream for the fish was very delicious and I can't help saying, "Hmmmm! Hmmmm!," every time I had a bite of my menu and Ricky was been balling and laughing at me because of my overrated reactions.

When we finished our hearty dinner, we ordered another frozen margaritas, lime for him and strawberry for me. We still kept telling stories of our adventures as well as good and funny jokes for us to laugh at. I volunteered to sing at the karaoke but he even halted me. He probably just don't want to be embarrassed in front of the restaurant crew. Hahaha.

After finishing our margaritas we ordered coffee and still can't stop telling stories. The dinner was excellent and on the dot. I am glad we did it there. I then stood up and hugged Ricky and greeted him "Happy Birthday!" After pecking each other on each cheeks and hugging tightly He thanked me for the nice but simple soiree.

After the dinner we went back to the room and Ricky invited me to party tonight because it was a Friday Night. "TGIF Baby!", he said. I told him that I was pretty much beat up and sore all over from the whole day's wandering and I just probably have to rest it up and call it quits.

He was supposed to meet his boss and their visitors at a bar in Zona Rosa because the visitors will be leaving Sunday morning and tomorrow will be their last day to enjoy and they will be going to the Guadalupe Shrine,  Xochimilco, Frida Kahlo's Museum, and Teotihuacan Pyramids. That was a long streak of activities and I don't think they can do it. Good luck!

Ricky then changed and then left for the Friday night party and I chose to stay nursing my soreness and fatigue. I took two Tylenol pills then started to start blogging until I felt sleepy. I didn't even noticed what time I went to bed because I left my iPad2 charging and my blog hanging. Hahaha. I was pretty much stoned (in short drunk) by the two margaritas I drank that night.

When I woke up in the morning I was proof reading my blogs and I noticed it was chronicled in disarray and was very funny as if my thoughts were uncoordinated and was not there. I meticulously edited it and gladly posted it on my blog site. 

Well, Ricky's birthday was been spent simply, with only him and me, and we had a blast laughing at our every adventures for that day. It didn't required any fancy gifts or posh restaurants but it was well spent memorably and remarkably. We even bribed Gabriel (the waiter) to prepare us a small slice of cake for Ricky to blow a candle and had a memorable picture for it. He told me it was his first birthday to blow a candle.

How was that? Isn't it very touching at all? I am glad I was there to have witnessed it. At least he was happy celebrating it and was grateful to have spent it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment