Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Not So Good Valentine's Day

I was so pumped up for my first day trip to Mexico City because it's Valentine's Day. My excitement was been hindered because I was bumped on another flight and had lost six hours of very meaningful time because I came 40 minutes late at the airport plus they've charged me $150.00 for rescheduling fee.

When I was inside the airport after a very rigid security check I opened my email at 0845H and there I saw the email from Continental Airlines telling me that the diect flight to Mexico City supposedly leaving at 0830H will be delayed and was scheduled to leave the aorport at 0913H because of some technical problem.

I mean it was 0845H when I opened my email and technically the airplane was still there waiting for the delayed scheduled time. I was so furious upon knowing the whole situation through my email and I told myself to complain.

I stood up from the corner I was sitting near the Gate 62 where I will be boarding in one hour and walked all the way across the buildig where United Airlines offices were and looked for the appropriate supervior to ar my complaints.

I spoke to this Caucasian guy who appears like a senior citizen and told him about my situation. I explaned extensively about my concern and he listened to me inently ranting my own dilemma. I told him that I have lost six hours of time from this flight. Instead of arriving in Mexico City supposedly at 1450H; I lost that precious that supposedly intended for a romantic date in Xochimilco. That would make my Valentine's Day memorable.

Yet, I will have to endure six hours at the plane and airport for my lay over and my Valentine's Day will go to waste. I was so mad and upset of what had happened. I planned out everything to be smoothly going but well what could I do, this was my luck today. I'm still thankful for the safe flight.

The supervisor had nothing to say but he told me if I need to complain he instructed me to go to the United Airlines website and file a complaint there. Since my mind is reeling right now and furious, I could not think of what to do. I said to myself to just do it someime when I am not busy. Right now, I just have to focus on my short vacaion and enjoy every moment of and not be ruined by what had happened today.

My Valentine Day had gone to waste but I know it's not yet the end of the world because I'll still arrive in Mexico City at 2015H and still have more time to celebrate with my friend. Hope it will be a good one. The one thing I'm so remorseful of is the lost time I incurred because of the re-routing of the flight.

Oh well.... just have to swallow it and I'll have to say what will happen when I complained on the website. I know God has a lot of plans for me and all I can do is be thankful for whatever I have but this one should never pass because I feel I have the right to complain for what the airline had done to me. Hope I will get some restitution reward for it but I think my chances are small but I'm still hopeful.

I am writing this blog in Houston Airport through a WiFi on my iPad2 because I feel it is therapeutic for me to air my scarred feeligs here. And mind you.... it helpes me. Hope the next leg of my flight will be a good one and I can't wait to bask myself with more fun and unfaltering and unforgettable experiences in Mexico City. That remains to be seen though.....

No comments:

Post a Comment