Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jitters For My Impending Mexican Trip

In two days, on Valentine's Day, I will embark again for the second time to Mexico City and the nearby states like Guanajuato, Puebla, and San Miguel de Allende. I am so excited!

After working back-to-back for four consecutive weekends, I think I am ready for another journey to this Latin country whom I always cherished despite of my friends pessimistic rantings of it's notorious image and negative effect on any foreigner who traveled there.

But they have no clue about the classic beauty and the religious impact it effected me during my first trip there. I was so drawn to it's surroundings and social structures as well as it's entire tourism effects on me as a traveler. Mexico had proved me wrong of my previous repercussions albeit it made me fall in love of the people's hospitality and the beautiful surroundings as well as the cheapness of the budget each activities you will do there.

This time, I had kept my previous tour guide, which I befriended for his excellent services last time and he is willing to show me around more in other locality nearby Mexico City.

He told me about the nearby towns like Guanjuato, Leon, Moriles, and San Miguel de Allende. I hope my time will permit me to go to all these suggested places and enjoy what they will offer me when I am there.

I am also praying that my safety will be of utmost importance and that every thing will be out of harm's way. I hope there will be no major accidents or bad situations that will happen there. I hope I will get to see more beautiful and pristine places as well as more unique and vintage churches to visit as well as more hospitable and likable friends to gain. I also hope to learn more Spanish words so that it will be easier for me to mingle there.

My Spanish is not that bad but I still strugle to comprehend when the other person is talking to me rapidly. I am lost if that happens. But still I can understand it but not be able to communicate fluently.

So far, my luggage is not yet prepared but I know what to bring and I have Monday to pack for the last time and prepare for what to bring. I always struggle in regards to packing things because I am a person who doesn't believe in carrying light. Hahaha.

I remember my previous travels in Europe I always bring two huge luggages for a three week sojourn not realizing that I have to always carry or pull those luggages for every transfer from place to place. I always have to struggle with them. It was still vivid in my mind how I struggled to wrestle with them during those transfers. And I have learn my lessons.

Now, I will be gone for eight exciting days so I planned to just bring one luggage and to carry light. I have learned my lessons from my past mistakes so I won't repeat history again. Hehehe.

This second transfer gives me jitters because I will leave on Valentine's Day and I am not expecting to meet somebody there but my mind wish that I could. Well, we will see about that. I still have my second thoughts.

My tour guide was kind of effected me last time that's why I did this second trip for a re-confirmation if my feelings were still the same. I am a person who doesn't believe in first time never dies statements so I have to proved to myself that it is true the second or third time around. That's where I can assure myself that it was a pure and honest intention not just an impulsive first time.

I hope my gut feelings is wrong so I made a million time thinking over sessions whether I would like to pursue this trip or not. Hence, the jitters is pretty imminent. Can't blame myself for that.

Let's hope for the best and let nature set it's course. I am just hopeful that this trip will be fruitful and productive when it comes to entertainment and travel. Matters of the heart? Well, that will remains to be seen. Good luck to me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment