Sunday, February 12, 2012

Remembering Whitney Houston

Today, I was so beat up and I slept eight hours. Rarely, I do that. My body used to sleep four to five hours and seldom go over than that. I was just so tired may be.

Well, having worked back-to-back for four consecutive weekends in preparation for my impending trip to Mexico City (which is my second time visit) , I succumbed myself to work four days a week (from Thursday to Sunday) for four weeks to compesate for my lost days and at the same time have me permitted by my manager to go without even causing any problem with the staffing schedule. And voila! I did it.

The result is I my body was compensating for the fatigue and able to adapt it self by getting more time to rest. I can't blame my body to do just like that.

I woke up so tired this afternoon and it was always a puzzle to me that I have to always get up at 1500H even though how much I still wanted to get more sleep. My eyes just doesn't want to shut. So, I just lie down there on my bed and watch my favorite Food Network show, "The Worst Cook In America." and "The Cupcake War" as well as "Chopped."

In the middle of my TV entertainment my sister (from Hongkong) called and bugged my rest time. She calle dme to gossip as well as to say hi to me and we talked about childhood experiences. I also talked to my cousin Val who apparently is with her for an Asian vacation.

After the long chat, something flashed on my cell phone for the hour top of the news sent to me by my subscription from New York Post saying, "Whitney Houston died at 48 years old." I was shocked upon seeing the little headline news.

Intrigued, I immediately opened my computer and checked it on Yahoo news board and it was confirmed that the pop diva was found dead at 1555H at her room in Beverly Hilton, a day before the Grammy Awards Night will kick in.

It was so sad and poignant though that she passed away before her most favorite day of all the days.... the Grammys, where she was been recognized several times as the most awarded pop diva.

Despite of her adversities in her personal life and career in the past, I recollected her life at the back of my mind. I still remember some of her beautiful songs like "The Greatest Love of All" (which is my favorite), "I Have Nothing", and "I Will Always Love You". Those are the songs that had catapulted her on the pop chart.

With her passing, the whole world lost one of the purest voice in the pop industry. I will remember Whitney for her impressive rendition of those songs rather than her sordid struggle with her personal life and battle with drugs.

I will surely, missed her and her beautiful angelic voice that spit fire every time she opened her mouth and utter words of beautiful melodies. I will always treasure her classic songs and my time listening, singing, and dancing with it. I will remember her all the time whenever I will hear those lovely songs.

Rest in peace, Whitney. You will be always in my heart. Thank you for sharing your beautiful voice to the whole world. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment