Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Mexican Trip

This is my first trip to Mexico City and I met this very awesome tour guide who brought me to a lot of beautiful places like the Zocalo, the Palacio Nacional, Guadalupe Church, Metropolitan Cathedral, Palacio Postal, Plaza Tosca, Bellas Artes, TransLatino Tower, Alameda Park, Templo Mayor, National Anthropological Museum, Puebla, Teotihuacan, etc.

The one that I cannot forget about this trip was the one that happened in Teotihuacan when I climb the 255 steps of the great Aztec pyramid at the middle of the ruins. The steep climb was a huge challenge but the reward when I got to the top was unexplainable.

Seeing the big ball of fire in the sky setting down from the horizon was a scene to reckon with. I just can't forgot the awestruck faces of the people with me on top as they glued their sight on the hypnotizing magic of the huge orange ball as it gradually fades away from the sky. It was magical and kind of refreshing. Seeing the rays of the sun turns from orange to crimson was a once in a lifetime experience. No wonder the sun plays a big role in the life of the Aztec people. Too bad the experience has to be cut off because the park has to close before it gets dark.

Deciding on this trip was a bit hard because some of my friends had discouraged me to go. They were saying thatMexico is not a good place to go considering the conflict between the drug lords and the government. They told me that foreigners were not being treated there well. But I have proven my friends wrong.

Have I not pursued for this trip I never got to see those awesome places I've been in the past few days, I've never basked on a different culture I never experienced, I never met such beautiful and hospitable people I known there, I've never tried and tasted those excellent food they have offered, and lastly have never had this unforgettable experiences I just had in the past few days.

Mexico had indelibly proven me that I am wrong about my first impressions. I've heard about such beautiful places like the pyramids in Cholula, the colorful streets of Guanajuanato, the caves of Morelos, the pristine beach of Los Cabos, and I swear I will come back again to explore those places told to me.

I still have to come back to Mexico City because I never made to explore the places like Xochimilco, Frida Kahlo's Blue House, The House made of Tiles, the Museum of Mexican Painters and Artists, and some restaurants I've listed in my itinerary book that I've searched online.

Can't wait to be back again in Mexico. And tentatively February will be the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment