Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Identity Theft

Along with the case of burglary last year after I came back from my European vacation, the toll of the problems it gave me was surmounting. It was a stressful situation in my entire existence. I never succumb to such agony and unpredictable stress. It was horrible!

Yeah, I mean I never knew the guy living above my apartment had trespassed my privacy until I found out he cashed one of my check and unconsciously signed it. I traced it up with the help of my and lord who happened to have a copy of the burglars signed checks. I did my on sleuth thing and I am glad it paid off.

I texted the guy and had spoked to him in a nice way, asked him why he did it, and he told me his dilemma about his being laid off form work and he was so helpless that time when he got the opportunity to get into my apartment because of an unlocked bedroom window. Because I understood the situation I gave him a second chance as long as he will return my stuff especially the heirloom jewelry I inherited from my mom.

He did returned some of the stuff and we became chummy. I saw in him how sorry he was and he looks so remorseful about what he did. When he got picked up by the law enforcement few days before the Thanksgiving Day I felt guilty about it but he has to answer for what he did and he accepted the punishment with a whole heart.

He stayed in jail for a week and got home during the first few days of the month of December, I think it was on the 2nd of December, at about night time I heard the dogs barking outside so I went out and checked it out. I saw two burly guys outside the gate and they told me they were taxicab drivers and they were waiting for the guy who hired them to drop him off from downtown.

I thought of the burglar living above my apartment and I told the taxi drivers that he was in jail and it was impossible for him to be there thinking that the taxi drivers were his cohorts in drugs. Then the burglar finally emerged from the stairs and told me that he hired them to drop him off but he has to wait for my landlord to ask for help to pay them. Since my landlord was not home at that time I volunteered to paid the taxi fare and told the burglar ro go up to his apartment to avoid getting beaten up by the two drivers.

Then we became close until he appeared on his first court appearance for his probation which apparently moved to January 17, 2012. Then I found out on the middle of December that one of my MasterCard and Department Store card were been maxed out. I immediately suspected the burglar and confronted him through text and he did not answer me for my text.

I was so stupid trusting him in the first place. I should have listened to my guts not to trust him. Now I know that if he has done bad things then there is a slim chance for him to change judging that he is also on drugs. Now he really made a mess with my credits as well as my life.

Came January 17, he has to appear on court again for his probation hearing the prosecutor asked me what will be my decision for him. At first before all the theft had happened I was supposed to drop the case but good thing I knew his true color till I found out about the credit card theft. I told the prosecutor to continue suing him and putting him back to jail and charge him penalties for his retribution for ruining my name and credit

It is not my best option to get back at him and cannot achieve any peace of mind because of the mess he had caused to my life. I was just thankful that I knew him early on before I closed the case or else he will laugh loudly for his achievements for fooling me. I was so stupid believing in him in the first place. But I know God is always good and he did not left me out in the dark.

Now at least I felt relieved for giving him an ultimatum through the court for his retribution case and that I get back at him for what he had accosted me all through out this time. It might not be a good idea or a good way to have a peace of mind but at least I have something to guarantee me that he has to pay me of what he had done to me. It is not a good way of getting back at him but at least I did something to get back on my feet.

I don't care if he ruined my credit as long as I clearly send him an indirect message that he can't just go fool me around and that I can't leave him victorious in the end. Whew.... it was really a mess and a bad nightmare really to be a victim of identity theft and for all I know I am still scared of what will happen next.

Yes, I d believe in karma and I know karma will haunt those people who did it to me. How I wish it will happen soon and that I can straighten the things that they had caused my life to be messy. Aaaah... tell me what to do God!

No comments:

Post a Comment