Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bad Habits

Well, I have this problem every now and then. And I've been brushing it off sometimes because I am just plain lazy to do it not realizing that the problem has already disrupted my peace of mind. In short I am procrastinating because I was just tired from work to do it.

My car tires especially the one on the front left was been flat on and off and I have been putting air at least every two weeks since six months ago. I had it checked with Jiffy Lube and the Toyota Dealer where I bought my car and they both say there's nothing wrong with the tires. I believed them because they were the experts but I was still wondering why I still have to put more air every two weeks.

Now that it's 2012, it was been frequent for me putting air on it like every week at least. I was so worried and I am planning to go back to the dealer to have it changed. Still I cannot do it because I was been very busy lately. I hope my procrastinating won't backfire later on.

Today, I saw my tire halfway flat again and I am planning to put air but I changed my mind because I have to go to the beauty parlor to appear for my facial sessions. I have to stay at the parlor for two hours for the sessions eating up my time and had no chance to put air on the flat tire at all. I fell asleep at the table and had totally forgotten about the flat tire.

Then by the time I went out from the parlor it was already dark and I passed by the Goodwill Store to buy something for my bathroom and then went to CVS Pharmacy to buy some batteries for my hearing aids. When I left CVS it was already dark and rush hour and traffic was already thick.

I was planning to skip putting air on the tire when I realized that I will be having a clinical rotation tomorrow in Gardena and I have to drive on the freeway in the morning. It will be a long drive from my house and I don't want something will happen to me at the freeway. It still bothers me driving with a partially flat tire on the freeway today and I don't want to feel like that tomorrow.

Despite of my fatigue and tiredness my worries about the flat tire surfaced and bothered me so I decided to pass by the nearby gasoline station and convenient store near the house. I realized that I needed a peace of mind once I do it. And hopefully next week I can have it changed at the car dealership.

I know I have a bad habit of procrastinating and it really bothers me a lot all the time despite how organized I am. I felt that I was a person without a system in my daily routines, chores, errands, etc. It scares me a lot.

Well, I know I have to change this habit greatly yet I am not fully committed to do it because of a lot of circumstances happening to hinder it but I know I have to curtail it before it will ruin me or affect me greatly. May be it is time to listen to my gut feeling so that I can achieve a peace of mind in everything I do.

Good luck to me for doing it and I hope it will happen and I will be 100% fully committed to do it despite of some unpredictable or inevitable circumstances. Well, it will be a challenge but I know I have to do it no matter what.

Aaah... this is killing me and I am not sure if I am fully committed for this. I can't promise here because I know myself when it comes to promises. And hopefully, upon realizing the effects of procrastination this will have to stop. And this will be the start. So help me God.....

No comments:

Post a Comment