Sunday, December 18, 2011

Computer Savvy

Hello there guys! I am happy to be back again blogging here. I am quite a bit of a bind lately but I know I have to keep blogging to keep myself abreast with my online journal. And here I am now doing one more article just for my avid reader to check.

Lately, at work everything was very tense. We've just transitioned from the old paper and pencil charting and documentation to a more sophisticated and modern way of keeping records of our residents in the facility. What I mean is that we've gone to an extensive transformation in documentation and hopefully it will continue because it looks cool to me.

The new Vision-EMR is a new tool to record resident's data about their illness, helps taff enter physician's orders, do their system-to-system based assessment, and create of devise a care plan for each disease triggered planning, as well as make a thorough discharge planning for the resident to follow.

Change is always stressful but we always have to adapt to it. Things in our life happens because of change. We just don't like to be static or stagnant and just be contented to be out-of-date or what they always called "old school".

As technology progresses man's attitude towards getting sophisticated does not stop at a certain time or period. I mean we evolved along with the time so that change can happen.

I know a lot of people resist the transition but based on my observation everything went well. Staff went to a five session class without any problem although there were few clamors but not very major to be a problem.

The classes had almost finished and we were able to go live and applied what we've learned from tha class. There were some minor setbacks but all in all it was a total success. There were help staff on standby just in case there were problems and so far every thing were in order. We've transitioned tacitly and with good results.

On my part, I have some few glitches but I ran through it and able to learn from it. My first admission was been documented through the computer and at first it took me five hours to input all the data. My this resident was a readmission and there were a lot of information to put including the orders, assessment, and care plans. It was a pain yet very informative and educational. Now, I can vow that whenever I will have another admission for sure I know now what to do.

It was breather to have done it on my own and I am glad the management thought of transitioning our facility. At least for me this is the most efficient way to fast track my documentation because I am good in typing rather than writing. It saves my time as well as it makes me more productive.

Change is good actually if we are receptive to it. At first it's gonna be difficult but as we adapt to the process we cannot even tell that we have done it.

The world is just a better place to live in if all of us are accustomed to change. Don't just get stuck there. Live to the echoes of a new millennium. Embrace change and life will not be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment