Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Is In The Air

Yeah, I'm back again for my blogging. It seems that the spirit of the Holidays can be perceived and sniffed everywhere. The whole town is already bursting with the anticipation for the coming Holidays.

On my way to work I can see some residential houses adorned with glittering and colorful lights around their houses and yards. Decorations were been adorned everywhere. It seems that the homeowners really put some extra time to set-up everything in order to caught some of the passersby attention.

At work, I can see some decorations already being put up by the staff and the residents. We were having a transition with the charting system and we've just started it live but amidst the hustle and bustle of the Holidays we still had overcame some glitches.

The nippy air of the afternoon on my way to work was very imminent now. I have to wear two layers of clothing already and have to put on my fancy scarf. In as much as I have to celebrate the cold weather I have to protect myself from the harsh reality that my health is not conducive to it already. In short, I am getting old.

I never been to the mall lately but I know despite of the itch of the economy people are still busy wrapping up their last shopping for their presents. People has to give something to their love ones even in a small way.

Others are still planning what to prepare for the Christmas Eve. Some company or offices will hold their Christmas Party and exchange gifts with everyone. That's the spirit of Christmas emulating the spirit of giving.

Christmas is the best time of the year for me because I got to share my time in feeding homeless people at the shelter on Christmas Day. I will be working on Christmas Eve so I have to do my voluteering the next day.

I will also visit some senior elderly people at the nursing home. I had visited them last year but apparently one of them died 6 months ago so there were four left for me to visit. These people were just close to me when me and my students had a clinical rotation sometime in 2009.

The radios were emanating the Christmas music which really hollered thatn Christmas is already in the air. The songs from the radio really reminded me that it is already Christmastime. It brought me back to the time when I was still a very ambitious boy in my native hometown in the Philippines and our tradition of singing carols from house to house and getting paid for it despite of our off tunes.

Christmas is the time of the year that the family became closer and stromng. Unlike me, I live alone here in the United States so I don't have a family to spend my Holidays. Yet despite of it I know I can manage tomake it possible on my own terms.

Aaah.... Christmas is the time where the whole world celebrates the validity of Jesus' birth yet it's not. Christmas means us to do it everyday because there are people who needs our help in anyway every day.

As Christmas is drawing near we have to also allow ourselves to remember that Jesus had saved us from the sins of our forefathers and this will call for us to thank Jesus for saving us from doom.

Christmas is all over and we must sniff it and enjoy the best it has to offer. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment