Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Sunday Clinical Class

It was my off yesterday so I have a long time to rest. This morning I woke up so refresh and ready to start my beautiful Sunday morning right. Today is my weekend clinical day and I can't wait to see my Sunday students.

This group is only comprise of seven girls of various ethnicity. Two Filipinos, two Fil-Ams, one Nigerian, one Latina, and one African-American. I like this small group because they are eager to learn and are not very complaining. Their eagerness to learn is very infectious.

Today is their first day at Centinela Hospital Medical Center. Last Friday was their hospital orientation and they were toured around the hospital that time and had attended some very important inservice classes that they needed to take prior to working in that hospital. I hope they have learned a lot form that first day orientation.

So far, they did good today. They were all on their feet the whole day and was been doing routine care as well as had observed some very important procedures. I always encouraged them to be keen in volunteer to assist in any kind of procedures where they can learn a lot. And I was happy that they are learning a lot.

At least my expectations for them was not in vain for my seven girls were very eager to do stuff in the units they were assigned to. I am very happy that they followed what I am telling them to do and they do their best to get so much information on their limited exposure from this hospital.

I went home tired but nonetheless I was extremely happy that my students are very receptive to learning. My fatigue was been compensated well with their infective eagerness to learn and internalize what I am teaching them from the beginning.

Before I got these girls, I heard a lot of rumor about their complaining attitude. But I was surprised they managed to creep out from that bad reputation and ended up a very eager and inquisitive students. I can see the hunger in their eyes to learn every week.

Their insatiability to improve their learning process was very admirable. Their teamwork was very impressive. I am very proud about what they become judging that I was initially biased about having them in the first place. But now I'll take those biases back and change it with pride for their sudden change of attitude.

Can't really complain about these girls because where they are now I am very confident that they will become successful in the near future. I hope they will stay the same after they finish school. I am very proud of you girls and keep up the job well done.

I know we still have a lot of time to be together so hopefully by the time we part each other I hope you all be filled with enough knowledge you needed to prepare for your board exams. I will do my best to have that done for your advantage. That's my promise to all of you!

I hope the remaining three months will be filled with a lot of learning opportunities for you to enhance your nursing knowledge. That's why I am here to guide you for that.

I thank you for giving me a chance to share my knowledge to all of you and I thank you for liking my teaching method as well as style. I learned a lot from you as well as you were learning a lot from me. The symbiosis in our learning relationship was very inspiring and I am greatly motivated by all these energetic and interactive environment we had developed and established.

As I have said, three months is still a long time for us to maintain a very productive learning relationship. Hopefully, life will get tougher although we all know that it is for our own good. My advise to you, just take every second one at a time. Good luck girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment