Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Spirit Of Christmas

Christmas is just around the corner and people were been excited for the holiday preparations. Holidays are always been the busiest day of the year and people are always busy infusing themselves with the spirit of the holiday.

During the holidays people are just busy preparing what to decorate. In order to be festive, people always make sure that they always focus on the essence of the decorations and the lavish foods. Over here in the United States almost every houses were adorned with dancing christmas lights around their houses which looks so fabulous at night time.

At day time, you can see people at the malls trying to search for the perfect gifts for their love ones. There were enticing signs outside mall stores which have lured customers to check and select for what they wanted. It's just been crazy every where.

The gift wrapping was another time consuming job but it's worth it because that's the essence of christmas anyway. The act of giving gifts is the heart of it all. It resembles the acts done by the three magi when they visited the Infant Jesus in Bethlehem. It was very traditional and customary yet touching.

The highlight of it all is the christmas dinner which is really festive. The smell of the holidays were emanating from the foods and meals prepared on the table. It resembles the gathering of the family in front of the table and counting their blessings all through out the year. The christmas dinner is where the whole family gather and reminisce all the happy moments they have every Christmastime.

Christmas is not just all these crazy preparations and festive events but to me it's how you've touch other people's lives, especially those who need help during christmas and make a great difference in their life.

There are homeless people around us, children who are need of beautiful toys, extremely hungry family, lonely people in the nursing homes, and people who were abandoned by their families and needed company. These people are the one's who need all attention during christmas amidst all the hustle and bustle and we should focus our precious attention of making them happy this christmas day.

For this christmas, I really didn't give much time in decorating and preparing but I gave time wrapping gifts for the people I needed to help. I am planning to visit five lonely elderly people in the nursing home and make their christmas a little brighter and merrier on christmas day. I intend to have lunch with them and give them company on that day.

There are five people I needed to visit in the nursing home which really had touched my life a lot while we were doing our clinical rotation there. I just wanted to share my blessings with them although I've been so hard up lately because of my resignation from my hospital job, but it is an apt act to do during this holidays.

And I really missed my parents this holidays so I just share my time with these elderly senior people in the nursing home who were alone and needed company during this time. I couldn't do much more but to just share what I have for this group of people who needed my company during this time. That's the spirit of it anyway.

Christmas is a time to really commemorate how God loves us. So in order to reciprocate with Him, we must show our great love to Him by doing good acts on Christmas Day. Then it will give you a good and nice feeling during christmas time. And to top it all, it will lift up your spirits for helping them.

Touching someone's life on this holiday is a great gift you will give to yourself and to our God Almighty. Give time, give love, and give a good act this Christmas day and your holidays will be the greatest one and be never the same again. Happy holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment