Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

So far, my life lately was been at a struggle and full of drama. I never imagined I can passed through it but so far life is fair. I wish I could still up the forte to a more satisfying level.

Well, Thanksgiving Day is just around the corner. Time for me to count my blessings. This year was kind of a lonely one for me despite of the massive problems and worries that had happened these past months. I thank God for all of those things that had happened lately and it's time to immerse myself in the spirit of the celebration.

There's nothing much happened this Thanksgiving day for me. I was invited by my landlord to a hearty dinner. I brought wines and desserts during the party. It was a memorable and very nice party. I got to meet Noel, the new border at my landlord's house. Finally we got to bond with each other.

I was so thankful that my Thanksgiving day was not that bad nor dramatic. At least I got to know a new friend and I kept up with my landlord and his boyfriend. We drank wines and talked a lot about our life for a little while. Then I left to watch the premiere of the movie "Tangled" at El Capitan Theater.

When I got out of the party, the weather outside was so nippy and I was kind of frozen despite of the three layered clothes I was wearing. It was really freezing outside so I set the heater in my car to warm me up. There's not much people on the streets and the fog started to set in that early during the night.

When I got at the parking lot near El Capitan Theater, I was greeted by this handsome young guy wearing a red polo shirt with the logo of the parking area and told me that the fee was $15 in order to park.

I was shocked upon hearing the exorbitant amount so I decided to look for a street parking which I found right away one block from the theater and it's free. At least I didn't have to waste that big amount of money which supposed to go to my movie ticket instead.

I walked towards the theater on a very cold night and it was just exactly the right time for me to get there and the movie will start shortly. I bought a regular ticket at the ticket booth and I was given this gold coin engraved with the movie's title which looked like a token.

I then grabbed one 3D glasses at the entrance and went in to the theater. It was my first time at El Capitan Theater and I noticed that the theater was been plushly carpeted in red and intricately gilded at the ceiling. It was beautiful and pretty inside.

As what I knew, El Capitan Theater, is the only place where all Disney movies we're been showed first here in Hollywood. It's where all these Disney movies had premiered and it was a world renowned and very popular theater when it comes to Disney movies.

Before the movie had started we were presented with a little entertainment show by the theater workers which showcased some of the famous Disney movie princess and Disney characters like Mickey and Minnie and they had introduced Rapunzel and Flynn during the dance-and-sing showcase. It was really awesome and hilarious.

After the showcase, the movie had started. The movie lasted for less than two hours and I liked it so much. It was kinda comical and funny and the songs were very entertaining and good. It was directed by the Osacr nominated Alan Menken and the songs were also written by him. It was worth the buck and I highly recommend it to all my friends.

The movie was been based to a very famous fairy tale by Rapunzel with some comical twist and enticing songs (composed by Alan Menken)inserted within the movie. It was very captivating and the animation appears very real and dramatic. I was so flabbergasted and mesmerized by it. I was really drawn to it and was hypnotized by it.

Although the story is not that similar to the fairy tale I grew up with but it was cleverly written and arranged by the director and the production staff. The 3D was superb, epic, and realistic and the lessons learned were very surreal. I can't believe they came up with an excellent plot. I was so amazed to the bones.

After the movie, I went home and culminated my night. So far Thanksgiving day for me this year is a lonely day but at least I celebrated it watching and enjoying the movie "Tangled".

Another year to thank for and another year to cherish. I did enjoy it to a small point and at least spent a little and sumptous dinner with friends. Thank you Lord for everything you've blessed me this year. Hope you'll always be there in time when I need you.

Happy Thanksgiving folks! Take care and have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment