Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bullied In The Job

Have you experienced being bullied in the job? How did it feel to you? Was it embarrassing or hurtful? Did you ever thought of ending your life because you can't take the embarassment anymore? Yes, I was the victim of it and I almost gave up.

It never come to my remote mind that bullying in the job also exist with grown ups. I thought that bullying only occurs in school with the little and high school kids. I was wrong! Bullying actually comes in many forms. It may be physical, mental, and psychosocial.

But before we go to my story let me define "bullying" first. It is a form of a verb used to describe in intimidating and dominating someone or something. It also means to be loudly arrogant and overbearing. It can result to a lot of emotional turmoil to a victim and sometimes can made them think of killing theirselves because of the extreme embarrassment and shame they've incurred from the lashings of their perpetrators.

Research have proved that bullying is one of the factors especially to those youngsters who killed themselves by committing suicide because they don't want to experience more dilemma from their detractors. And this will also make the victims extremely depressed, useless, and helpless thereby they couldn't think well but to just end everything.

I didn't know that bullying also exist among the grown ups at work. I myself was a victim. I had applied for this job in the hospital which I wanted for real. It was a new specialty for me after giving up my own specialty I've been holding for eighteen years. But during the transition my trainor was very mean to me and was discouraging me to quit the job because I am not meant to be there.

Everytime I was with her she always made a side comment that I am not using my head well and I don't use my critical thinking. She almost had told me that I am dumb but she just held it up. She was very intimidating and very strict to me although I always held my composure and was been very polite and nice to her. She always shouts or yells on me in front of the staff and the patients and that really made me so small and shrunk up.

I felt I was in a military camp being trained to be a marine. She doesn't want me to reason out to her and she always cut me off everytime I explained myself and what I'm doing. She just want me to say yes all the time. To her all I say were wrong and that I don't have the knowledge of what I'm doing.

I was extremely hurt and embarrased inside. My self confidence was been stripped off from me and I was so depressed and down. Everytime I drove my car home I felt tears trickling down my cheeks and I was always contemplating to myslef what have I done why she was treating me like that and why she was very mean to me.

Despite all the bad mouthing and the mean side comments I still held on to my composure. I remained humble and kept praying that everything will be okay. But I never know that a bully will ever be a bully and will make sure that my life will be very miserable.

When my probationary period was over, I didn't know that she evaluated me real bad. I guess she doesn't like me a lot. The evaluation was all negative which was really against me and had caused me to get axed from the job.

I endured three months of a mind boggling orientation which almost had made me gave up my life because I couldn't take all the shame and embarrassment anymore but thank God I was strong enough to face it with humility and that I have to accept the fact that I wasn't really meant for that place.

I always prayed everyday to God to give me strength to finish my probationary period and that I can hold on to it but still I got the bad news that I am no longer illegible to workk there because of the evaluation which was only one sided. I know God knows that my trainor lied in that evaluation and I know God had helped me to give the sign if I was really meant to be there. And I got the verdict last Friday which I think was the sign that God had given me.

But getting bullied in the job was the worse thing to be in. I was stripped of my individual rights and I know my manager had knew it. But she let herself manipulated by the people around her.

I consciously accepted the fact that I have to exit in that place yet I am so bitter at myself for not standing up to my rights. At the back of my mind I know these people will have to answer to God at the right time what they have done to me. I still believe in karma and time will come they will get it.

Now, I was so glad I was out there. I got a call today from another hospital and actually went there to have an interview and got a position to work in a highly technological Pediatric ICU I've ever seen in the heart of Beverly Hills.

Life is always good to me and I know God never sleeps. He always answered my intense prayers and I really thankful that He is always there to help me. I thank Him for giving me the sign to accept the bad news last Friday and for making me strong all the time.

God is always good and never cease in caring and helping people who always remember Him all the time. My faith always gives me strength and determination to enjoy life. Had I succumb to all the snares of my detractors for sure I was already gone on this earth. Thank you Lord for sustaining me during those dark moments of my orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment