Friday, October 8, 2010

Going The Distance

In our everyday life we always see to it that we always set out for our goals. We have to aim for it and we have to conquer it no matter what the odds are. We have to always go the distance to attain and realize it.

I was very captivated and fascinated with this song from a Disney movie Hercules and the lyrics kept reverberating at the back of my mind all the time. When always faced with dilemmas and struggles I always sing this song and it will perk me up and make me steadfastly strong and extremely inspired.

This song had inspired me a lot of times in my daily undertakings despite of my weaknesses, failures, and handicap and it never made me falter and turn my back. It made me more intrepid and keep going as I embark to fulfill new goals everyday.

The song starts like, "I have often dreamed of a far-off place, where a hero's welcome will be waiting for me. Where the crowds will cheer, when they see my face and a voice keep saying this is where I'm meant to be."

So deep inside me, myself keeps telling me that I always wanted to do this and that and I have to do something in order to stay here and there. That I deserve to stay here so I have to make an enormous effort to deserve myself to stay here. And I'm doing all my best to prove to myself and to others that I really deserve to be here.

"I'll be there someday, I can go the distance. I will find my way, if I can be strong. I know every mile will be worth my while when I go the distance I'll be right where I'll belong."

I know I can reach it by making myself true to my convictions and by taking the roads to it slowly as to my own capacity because I know myself and my self limitations. I know I can be there because I know that's my rightful place despite I've been pushed down, mocked, degraded and discriminated.

"Down an unknown road to embrace my fate. Though that road may wander it will lead me to you. And a thousand years would be worth the wait. It might take a lifetime but somehow I'll see it through. And I won't look, I can go the distance and I'll stay on track, no I won't accept defeat. It's an uphill slope but I won't lose hope till I go the distance and my journey is complete."

Even though I'll be in a strange place, even though how many years it will take me to get there, even though I will encounter a lot of adversities along the way, even though a lot of people are putting me down, I will always still try to get and focused with my goals and attain it succesfully.

I will learn from my mistakes and make them my capital in getting to my goals. I will always stay focused and on track and I won't say it's done and accept defeat because it's a coward's way of losing hope. Although the odds and the ways were steep I will always stay on top of my form and stay victorious in the end.

"But to look beyond the glory is the hardest part. A hero's strength is measured by his heart."

Yet in the end it's your determination on how you get there that all matters. It's your heart to be on top and stay focused that's important because looking beyond the successes you've made is the hardest part if you don't have the heart and soul to get there.

"Like a shooting star, I will go the distance. I will search the world, I will face his heart and harms. I don't care how far, I can go the distance. Till I find my hero's welcome waiting in your arms."

And it the end, going the distance on your own make a lot of difference because at least you've tried it yourself to be there on your own without the help of somebody.

You've scaled the odds on your own, you've never lose hope and was well determined to stay on top of your form in order to commit the happiness and success of your goals which you deserved to be at. And at the end you deserved to be awarded with adulation and love by your friends and families because you made it on your own.

Hope this inspired you a lot as it inspired me so much. Going the distance on our own is never a bad thing but a sure thing. Keep dreaming and start your journey right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment