Thursday, October 14, 2010

Family Time

I was off for four days lately and I was been expecting some family to visit from Texas. One of my second cousin whom I have never seen for fifteen years will be here together with her family. They were long driving across the west coast from the Lone Star State.

I got out of my work last Monday morning very very tired and was planning to rest for the whole day but I was expecting my second cousin to come that day and was been waiting for her call but I decided to meet her the next day on a Tuesday.

I slept for the whole afternoon after I got home from my clinicals from Long Beach Care Center. I headed directly to my clinicals after I got out of ER from the previous night's work. When I woke up around midnigt I noticed my cousin left a lot of messages on my voicemail telling me that they were already in Los Angeles and was staying at my other cousin's house in Orange County.

The next day I started to call her up but it seems that they were already out for the whole day at Disneyland. I was told by my cousin in Orange County that the whole family went for a whole day tour at Disneyland. I kept leaving messages on her celfone but it seems that they will be there for the whole day. So I decided to just met her up and her family the next day at my auntie's house in Santa Clarita.

I started to just read some more cases for my ER orientation in order to just keep my time productive. At least I kept myself informed and educated about the very important cases being found in the ER unit.

The next day I called my Auntie in Santa Clarita and verified if my second cousin will be heading there that day. She cofirmed that my cousin will be staying there for the night. She told me that my cousin and her family were heading to Universal Studios so I told her that I will just meet them there.

I headed to Universal Studios after having lunch at the Red Lobster at Santa Clarita. When I saw my cousin we were so happy, giggling, and acting like little kids again. It's just like we were little kids again reminiscing all our happy and memorable moments when we were little.

I got to met her dutiful and funny hubby for the first time and their three little gorgeous and smart kids. They were a beautiful and awesome family. My uncle and auntie were also in tow and also my cousin's mother-in-law was with the group. It was a very poignant and happy reunion after fifteen years back when we were still working at our hometown hospital.

Life is never boring indeed. It's always a cycle and things always happen with a purpose. It was very awe-inspiring and I can't believe this moment will happen seeing my second cousin for so many years. I got to see some of my family and bonded with them for the rest of the day.

After strolling at the Universal Citywalk we went to my other auntie's place in Santa Clarita and continue our endless talks and conversations there. We were also invited for a welcome party at one of my other auntie's place and I got to meet more family members there, hanging out, talking, and bonding with all of them. It was fun to see everybody around!

The party was a surprise party for my cousin in celebration for her recent birthday this week and there were a lot of food and a lot of unending stories being talked and shared at. It was a very nice and memorable celebration and we were all stuffed up. We even had some take home goodies to bring after the party.

After the party we headed back to Santa Clarita at my auntie's place and continue our intimate and non-stop conversations there. I decided to just stay over for the whole night for this is a once in a lifetime moment to be with my second cousin and her family and my uncles and aunties.

It was good to see her and her beautiful family. I can't express my happiness upon knowing that she is coming over and see the whole clan. It's just like been years ago when we were little enjoying the joys of life and the promise of our innocent youthfulness. Oh.... how I feel it's just the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment