Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th Celebration

One day before the holiday I was invited by Lashun, one of my students from Batch 12 to a party celebration at Carriage Park in Carson in commemoration of the yearly 4th of July celebration.

Her family and classmates were also invited and it will be a very big party at the park with games and a lot of conversations, meeting everybody to have a lot of fun as well as eating barbecue and burgers and hotdogs. It will be a big celebration with all her family and classmates.

I first picked up Ms. Doris, one of my co-instructor, at her house after my French class then we headed to the park after that. It was already almost 4 pm at that time. The party had started at 12 noon and almost all of Batch 12 had been there. There were few people we saw when we arrived but still there were a lot of people around.

We were then offered a plate to grab some foods then we met Lashun's family and then chit-chatted with them for a while then after that I sat down near the Batch 12's table and then talked to some of them.

After we ate, some of the students and the children were playing baseball and also were chasing each other with water guns. The sun was still out during that afternoon but it was not that hot anymore.

Me and Doris left the park after an hour and a half then headed to the moviehouse to watch "Knight and Day" which starred Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. The movie was very funny and full of action. It was very nice to see Tom Cruise acting again. It wasn't bad at all. Me and Ms. Doris liked it so much.

We went home at almost midnight and I got tired of the whole day activities. I am glad I was off yesterday to get together with the student's and Ms. Doris. It was a very fun day yesterday!
*****

Today on July 4th I was planning to have a manicure and pedicure as well as was planning to wax my eyebrows but apparently the Vietnamese Salon I frequented to all the time was close maybe because of the holiday.

I decided to call Kuya George which was apparently at Beverly Hills Mall buying something. I told him to meet me at The Grove outdoor mall at Pampas Grill for lunch then we will be watching a movie after that.

We watched "The Last Airbender" in 3D which we liked a lot. It was really a nice movie full of special effects and action. It was an amazing movie, too!

After watching the movie I decided to bring Kuya George at Redondo Beach Pier to treat him for his incoming birthday. I decided to treat him at the best seafood restaurant in town at the pier because I feel that I couldn't see him next week during his birthday because I felt that I have a lot of things to be done next week so I decided to treat him early.

The people started to thicken at the beach to watch for the fireworks tonight for the July 4th celebration and the pier was so crowded already.

Kuya George did enjoyed the seafood that we ordered and so far it was the very best that we ever tasted together. After we ate we strolled at the beach for a while. It was already getting dark and the sea breeze was so nippy so we decided to go home.

The day was very good and we enjoyed it a lot together. I am glad I had met Kuya George today and celebrated his birthday in advance. It was a very fun day, just like the one yesterday.

Happy 4th of July guys! Hope this day will also be fun to all of you. It's time to be out there and spent time with your families over barbecue and beer.

Drink moderately and be responsible. Enjoy the fireworks, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment