Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Trying to Be Hopeful

Today was the day I was interviewed at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center for a full-time night shift Emergency Room position. So far it went well and I am still hopeful I will get the job.

After I resigned at California Hospital Medical Center last April I tried to apply into several hospitals in Los Angeles and Long Beach. It's been two months that I've been waiting for a response from those applications I have tendered online, finally I got a positive response from Long Beach Memorial Medical Center.

But it took me two weeks to get hold of the clinical recruiter because everytime he called me I am in my clinical class and I only got a message that he left on my voicemail. I almost lost hope until I decided to use up all my resources.

I decided to call on my cousin who worked at cath lab then my other cousin who worked as the accountant manager in operating room who called the recruiter to set me up the interview today. Had I not done this I don't know what will happen to my application. May it will go to the trash had I not done this very drastic decision. I just knew that this type of familiarity complex also exist here in the states. I almost ran out of confidence and trust to myself.

So far, the interview today had went well. The recruiter interviewed me about decision making and teamwork. I confidently answered him as much as I could and I know I did it well. He then accompanied me to the Emergency Room and met with the manager for an on-the-spot interview.

The interview with the ER Manager also went well. She also interviewed me about teamwork, decision-making, and personal experiences. We exchanged questions to questions and it took us a long time to finish. I also told her about my expectations and she told me about a little history of the hospital's ER and how they evolved to be the best in Los Angeles county and the nation.

After the interview she told me that she will forward my application to Human Resources for the schedule of my physical and drug screen. It happened so fast and I was so happy about the outcome. I didn't expect it to happen that fast but at least I am happy about it. Thank God!

For the meantime, while waiting for the orientation to start I am still continuing my registry work until I get absorbed at the hospital. I also still want to continue doing my teaching job as well. I might probably do it part-time while I am adjusting for the hospital routines.

The reason I wanted to accept this hospital job because I just want to get some affordable health insurance. My current COBRA plan is so expensive that I couldn't really afford to maintain it and besides it will expire after 18 months so I am obliged to find an employeer who can help me out for it. And this hospital application will really help me get a benefits I could enjoy.

So for now, I am hopeful that this application at Long Beach Meorial Medical Center will be the right decision I made. And I know God is always with me all the time even though I made the wrong decisions. Anyway, there's always a time to make ammends for our mistakes and learned from it.

Whatever had happened to me in the past I really learned a lot from it. It was a long journey for me and I am so thankful that I didn't gave up. I still maintained myself grounded and I learned a lot from my mistakes. I am not bitter with those people who put me down. To me, this day is the beginning to start my life anew and learn from my past and forget all those bitter memories but consider them as a lesson to ponder.

Hope is the guiding light for me to be better and losing hope will be a bad example to gave up about life. I have to inspire and challenge my life more so that I will become stronger in dealing with things that hinder me to succeed. I have to have a drive to keep going on and make life interesting and fun. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment