Monday, July 19, 2010

Afternoon Delight

It was a sunny and humid day today. I got out of my clinical site class a little bit tired and was looking forward to an afternoon full of promises.
Hmmm.... wondering what to do later on.

I drove for a little less than forty minutes from Long Beach to West Hollywood where I am residing. The traffic at Freeway 405 north going to Freeway 10 east was a little congested so I decided to take the La Cienega Blvd. alternate and made a shortcut at Fairfax Avenue.

It was scorchingly hot today. I was listening to the cool music at the blaring radio inside my car with a full blast air con on. I was a little agitated by the early afternoon traffic and I can't wait to get home right away. I can't help yawning while driving on this worst Los Angeles afternoon traffic. That's how tired I am during that time.

I got home in a little less than one hour and found my landlord and his boyfriend soaking up romantically in the pool trying to cool themselves from the humid and hot weather. It was really a hot day today. My sweat was been trickling down slowly at my already hot red face.

Upon entering my pad I immediately stripped off my dirty scrubs and turned on the electric fans and hurriedly laid a little bit on my soft bed and feel the cool breeze emanating from the roving stand fans.

I tried to close my eyes for a while and woke up after thirty minutes preparing myself to leave the apartment and endure more of the hot weather outside.

I remember I had scheduled myself for my mid-year dental exam and I cannot afford to miss it again because it's hard to have it re-scheduled. It will take about three months to get another schedule so I have no choice but to go out there and face the hot day. How unfortunate!

After the examination which lasted for an a little more than an hour, I decided to get myself a little treat to at least cool off myself from this nagging humidity and hot weather.

I decided to pass by Yogurtland in Sunset Blvd. near my house and ordered a large container of their original yogurt which is more healthy compared to the ice cream. I decided to fill up the container with a taro yogurt which I think taste great and good.

It was really a treat because the taste was extremely superb and not that unforgettable. I just can't describe how many times I exclaimed and murmured how delicious it was. I even topped it with some kiwi and strawbeery slices which added a little bit of a healthy zing to it. What a real treat really!

At least my afternoon that time wasn't put to waste complaining about the hot weather but I had a great chance for a healthy treat right beside me. It was really a delight to have treated myself like that on this super hot afternoon.

Just like the famous song "Afternoon Delight", by the Starland Vocal Band in the 70's, I used to listen when I was in college saying that, "When everything's clearer in the light of day. And you know the night is gonna be there anyway. Thinkin' of you's working up my appetite. Looking forward to an afternoon delight. Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight."

This reminds me that I have to at least enjoy some tasty treats because time flies by so fast and I can't go back to that unforgettable afternoon that had passed, to enjoy some fun.

So right there and then I have to make a small move to enjoy the day even though it was very hot...... and made myself pleased in a way that diverts myself away from the afternoon's dilemma. At least it was really a delight to me and it had really made me very happy that time. That was just my shallow satisfaction and indulgence. Hehehe.

And for me, treating myself with a delicious yogurt at least eased up my pangs of irkness against the hot and humid weather. Thank God I did it anyway and followed my little and demanding craving. And at the same time had some good treat and a delightful afternoon. Yay!

I have no regrets doing it anyway. It was a self-fulfilling move and if given another chance I will do it again and again and again. I love yogurts and it's an apt cure for this finicky summer temperatures. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment