Friday, June 25, 2010

Thai Massage

Last night I had this amazing experience about Thai massage. It was a very satisfying and soothing feeling to have experienced it. I am glad I decided to have one last night. Now I felt so relieved of my back and neck pain. It was a temporary panacea indeed.

I was in so much pain lately especially of my lower back. It seems that the muscles around it were stiff and tender all the time. Everytime I twisted my whole body it started to ache and I felt a sudden pricking pain around my lower back. It was really painful and I have to stop moving immediately to abate the painful sensations.

My neck was also bothering me all the time. The muscles around it and the shoulders were so tense that turning sometimes aggravated it. Everytime I woke up after sleeping for so long, I felt they're always stiff and it took me some few hot showers to get rid of it. This always happens all the time and it really bothers me a lot.

Last night the back pain was very intense so I decided to get some quick massage. I went to the nearby Thai massage salon few blocks away from my apartment. I had a Thai massage experience before (long long time ago) so I opted to have one again last night.

I prefer Thai massage better compared to Sweddish massage because it is a deep massage and I can feel the attendants deep pressure on the area that's being squeezed and massaged.

It was so intense and I sensed that they counted the squeezes per area. If I am not mistaken they divide the body into two planes which are the front (anterior) and back (posterior) then subdivided each planes into six areas starting from the head and neck, the two upper extremities (arms), the chest and abdomen (anteriorly) and back (posteriorly), and the two lower extremities (the legs).

Each area requires twelve squeezes or deep pressure massages and then they mixed it with hand/elbow rubs, squeezes, stretches, and hand jabs.They also popped each joints which feels so good. And it was so amazing that each time they do it the timing is always right. They always have to stay and concentrate not more or less than five to ten minutes on each part. And they finish on time and exactly in one hour.

After the soothing massage I felt so good, relieved of tensions, although there's still little pain. It's not really a guarantee that the pain (backache) will go away. But at least it helped minimized it after those few and relieving stretches.

As we age, our body has no means of circulating the lymphatic system which gets rid of the body's toxic products and substance aside from exercise and constant activity but through squeezes and stretches done through a very deep pressure massages.

So in order to help our body sustain at least a normal cycle of getting rid of these toxic substances a regular massage of at least every two weeks is always necessary.

But sometimes people neglect to do this because of a very hectic schedule or a very pampered lifestyle. I myself is one of this and it is a shame that I abused my body all the time. I am totally guilty of indulging my body to a very tense and stressful life.

Last night was a wake up call for me and I realized that I am not getting any younger anymore. So with this, I am planning to at least get a regular schedule of a two-week massage or at least a once-a-month schedule of Thai massage. In that, I can help my body regulate the lymphatic system's excretory functions regularly.

It was an amazing experience and I can't really trade it by doing a very strenuous exercise although exercise is also good and beneficial. At least I got rid of the clogs in my lymphatic system, some nagging aches and pains, and at the same time the tight and tender tensions in my neck, back, and shoulder muscles.

A Thai massage experience last night was quite a different experience I had compared to a regular massage I can get from my close friends and families. Although I had experienced it before still it was a really satisfying feeling after I got out of that salon.

I am glad I did it last night and I swear to God I have to do it again in two weeks time. Thank God for this amazing Thai massage, now I can move normally without any limitations. I really dreaded to get old and I constantly deny I am old, but it's a reality I could not help to stop.

Hmm.... I don't know if I can ever accept it but who knows. Hahaha. Yet I am glad it all happened last night at least I know that my life clock is ticking normally and I hope I am ready when the time to accept it will come.

Thanks to Thai massage..... if not through it I never knew that my life is really at a brink of extinction. There I know that I have to slow down and that I have only one body to take care of because if my body will give up later on I will be the one to suffer and the people who were close to me.

Yeah..... I was hit so hard upon realizing that my body suffered a lot because of my negligence, uptightness, and may be greediness (you know)because of my unregarding attitude to it.

It was really a wake up call and I am so guilty about it, honestly. Thai massage you are a miracle! Waaaaaah....

No comments:

Post a Comment