Thursday, June 24, 2010

Meeting a College Classmate

Yesterday, I had a chance to meet one of my college classmate. We were so close during our college days wherein we always hang-out together with the whole gang during our brainstorming days for our comprehensive exams.

After nineteen years of not seeing each other, our last reunion had happened just after graduation and after that we never saw each other again. We were so eager to see each other that we couldn't help giggling and screaming at each other the moment we met.

After my clinicals with Batch 12-B at Marlinda Care Center I immediately went home to change my contaminated scrubs with a comfortable white checkered shorts and orange polo shirt. I then readied myself for a long drive going to Woodland Hills where I will pick-up Rose, my college friend.

It took me twenty-five minutes to get there because it was already rush hour that time and the traffic was very congested. When I got there, me and Rose were giggling and screaming at each other and was very delighted and happy to see each other. I get to meet her cousin, too, and her wonderful family.

It was already past 4 pm that time and we don't have enough time to roam around Los Angeles. We tried to evade the thick traffic but still we couldn't not really help going away from it, it was inevitable.

We took Freeway 405 South and we exited at Sunset Blvd not knowing where to start looking around Los Angeles. Since we're in Westwood area that time I decided to show Rose everything from that side of Los Angeles.

We toured around Belair and Beverly Hills and saw some plush and luxurious houses of the affluent people there. I also toured her at the UCLA campus and medical center. We drove around Rodeo Drive and showed her the Via Moda area and the site where Pretty Woman was shot.

After that we drove along the famous Santa Monica Blvd and Sunset Blvd and showed Rose some of the famous places found on both boulevards like the famous buildings and malls and also the famous party places and night clubs found in that area.

We also trekked the famous Hollywood Boulevard and Vermont Avenue to reach the top of the hills at the Griffith Park in order to go up at the famous and well-known Griffith Observatory to see the aerial view of the whole city of Los Angeles. We also took pictures from there.

After that we went to the famous Loz Feliz area to get some dinner. We stopped at the Figaro Restaurant and we had an enjoyable dinner there talking about our memories from college and laughing at them at the same time. Rose was a very vibrant person and I really loved her company a lot.

After the dinner it was almost dark so I decided to tour her at downtown Los Angeles showing her the theater district at Center Theater Group (CTG) pointing to her the famous buildings and structures like the Justice Building, the LA Capitol, Los Angeles Cathedral, the famous Fire Fountains at DWP Building, the new sulptural building like the Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Ahmanson Theater, Chandler Pavillions, and Mark Taper Forum.

I also toured her around the downtown streets and showed her Staples Center where the current world series basketball Champion Los Angeles Lakers won the recently concluded NBA Finals. The famous Nokia Theater where the American Idol, Oscar Awards, Emmy Awards, and Grammy Awards were held. I also showed her the famous Los Angeles Convention Center were exhibits were always held.

I was still planning to show Rose the University District were the Olympic Stadium, Exposition Park, and University of Southern California were located but it was already late so Rose and I decided to go back to the valley and drop her back off.

So far it was a memorable reunion. At least we got to see each other after nineteen long years and enjoy each other's company. I really thanked this moment because I got to bond with not just my classmate from college but with one of my close friends during college, too.

It was a very very fruitful and productive reunion at least and I am glad we both made it and made it memorable. At least we had some pictures to prove it. Now, it is being kept at the back of our minds to be a part of our lasting memory.

I loved every bit of it and thank you Rose for making such a precious time available to you making it more interesting and unforgettable. Thanks a bunch honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment