Monday, June 14, 2010

Joie de Vivre

Had not been blogging lately. Sorry about that! But anyways, life is just either or for me. Still the same and just trying to survive as usual. Hehehe.

My job in the school was been so loaded but I am not complaining. At least there's what you call a job because it's really hard to find a job lately. I am the one of the fortunates to enjoy that and I am thankful about that.

Life is always good I can say. I have three batches to handle in the clinical area and so far all three were doing good. I was so grateful to my supervisors for trusting me these batches.

I just have to keep an extra attention with Batch 16 because they're the ones who always struggles in their care planning. Batch 12-B and 14-A were now doing better. I really did a good job in encouraging and pushing them to come up with a care plan each time they know new disorders.

The last two batches I mentioned was also doing better with their computations in calculating medicines but they're still struggling in knowing their drugs confusing the brand names and generic names as well as the drug's actions and nursing implications.

Well, I can't blame them for that because technically there's a lot of medications to know and memorize. But I still encouraged them to at least memorize or know five drugs each day or each time they go to the clinicals.

That's why I wanted them to do at least five drug studies each time to come to the clinicals and they religiously complied to it. Very good job guys!

My main concern is Batch 16. This is a new batch and they're still a little hesitant in doing some procedures and bedside care. It only took them a little encouragement and motivation as well as constant guidance then they'll be as polished as a double-edged sword ready to be of use all the time.

My job as a clinical instructor is never an easy one actually. Imagine supervising at least 10 to 15 students at the same time. It so nerve-wracking actually.

I am not praying for it to happen but what if students will make a major error when they're still under my care.... then my license will be at stake. It's scary at times and I have to be really vigilant supervising them that's why I always reminded them to do procedures with me all the time.

So far things were at a very good pace and I am glad everybody seemed to picked up the trend. I can't complain anymore but to be thankful with such a good group that had landed on my care. I am still fortunate to be with them and helped them through their academic and clinical journeys.

Hopefully, they will end up as good and caring vocational nurses like me. I always get my inspiration form them eventhough I feel that I am not complete because I gave up my capacity to be productive in human terms and chose to be alone to carry on with life.

Eventhough I have to do things alone yet I am very happy with what I have achieved. I always have room for helping and guiding others to trek the right way. And that's I think is my accomplishment.

Life is indeed good and I can't complain no more. Teaching is my joie-de-vivre and I will always be ready to mentor someone as long as I am be of help to them.

Aye.... things has always to happen at the right places and time and whenever will be that for me I am always here ready to wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment