Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weird Cravings

Had it occured to you to crave for something in the middle of the night? And if you can't get it during that time you had a feeling of impending doom that life will had to end. Hahaha. That was kind of funny and crazy but I was like that last night.

My appetite sometimes is very weird. I have some inclinations to crave for something unhealthy and sometimes I have no appetite at all and not ate for two or three consecutive days except drank plenty of water.

Living alone was so tough and home cooking for my self was very very challenging. Sometimes I just have to eat the food that I cooked once then some of it goes to the trash. It's just a waste of time and money per se. It wasn't really reasonable to do it.

Yesterday I had not ate for two days and I woke up in the middle of the night craving for doughnuts and malt shakes. I really felt that I was shaking and trembling heavily during that time and felt that the world will have to end if I cannot have those two items in front of me immediately.

And where the hell I can get those two items on the wee hours of three o'clock in the morning? I immediately got up of bed and changed my pajamas then drove all the way to Vermont Avenue and 5th Street because I remember there was a 24-hour Burger King there at the corner.

When I get to the corner of both streets I had proven myself that I was right. I drove myself into the drive thru and ordered a super size malt shake. My hands were already shaking when I was paying the guy at the window but I didn't made it obvious.

I wasn't so oblivious of the raucous laughters of the guys from the next car at the drive thru. My goal that time was to just get my malt shake and leave the vicinity.

When I got my order I grabbed it aggressively then slurped it so eagerly right away. It really tasted so delicious and I felt very very good and satisfied after that. I can taste the sweetness and creaminess of the ice cream and the malt sliding smoothly on my throat. I felt I was in cloud nine at that moment. And I also felt I was in a high trance and had felt so stoned and stoked out.

I then left the drive thru and headed north of New Hampshire Avenue towards 6th Street where the Vietnamese doughnut shop that I sometimes frequented was located. I parked at the curb near the corner street almost fifty feet from the shop and walked slowly towards it slurping with my malt shake on hand.

The store was open 24 hours and it was teeming with sleepy policemen, wide-awake truck drivers, and soporific revelers and locals who were sipping hot coffee and eating glaced doughnuts to charged them up, got them wired up, and filled their sweet tooth.

I ordered two glaced doughnuts and a couple of  apple strudels. My mouth was already watering when I was ordering the treats and had been licking my lips oftentimes to abate the salivation and drooling from my cravings but I can't help myself but to continue slurping the malt shake that I am holding on my right hand.

It was funny though because I was really really trembling now probably because of the sugar rush that the malt shake had caused within me or was it just the hypoglycemic effect of having no food for two days. Good thing I didn't passed out at that doughnut shop during that time.

When I got my doughnuts and strudels I immediately left the shop and walked  myself fast towards my car that had parked at the curb in the corner street. I immediately took out the apple strudel and hungrily devour it up to the last crumbs carefully licking all my fingers with the melted sugar that coated them. It was heaven!

I don't care how many calories I had downed that time because I felt so relieved after that. All the shaking and trembling were all gone. Thank God! Sigh.

My ultimate goal was just to quench my cravings for the malt shake and the doughnuts. That's all and nothing else. And I loved it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment