Monday, November 2, 2009

Random Thoughts

You know, this is what happened when I lagged on my blogging. I tend to enumerate all the events that I've been through these previous days randomly. So just bear with me as I recall all those very important matters in retrospect.

First up, before Halloween, on a Wednesday, I went out by myself to watch a movie. I heard from my students that "Paranormal Activity" was apt for the occasion. I have no premonition what's in it so I happily bought a ticket for the matinee show at my favorite place in Fairfax District, which is The Grove outdoor mall.

I got there just barely ten minutes before the start of the showing and when I went into the stadium sitting theater it was almost packed and the future movie trailers were been playing. I was lucky to find a very good seat just two rows from the walkway and I immediately grabbed the opportunity to take it.

When the movie started, it was just a cheap shot where a couple was setting a camera taping their gory experiences while they were sleeping, having some strange experiences beyond normal and real life explanations.

It was a low budget movie, full of suspense. It will give you a lot of goosebumps and will make the hair behind your nape frisk. It will make you jerk on your seat unexpectedly and unconsciously.

The true eventual purpose of the movie to scare its audience was been highly achieved. It's a perfect movie to get terrified and scream at an instant.

As I turn and look around, people was so clueless of what will happen next. It makes the movie experience more exciting. It was so believable!

I went out the theater with a smile and a devilish smirk despite I puked a little on my popcorn basket because I was suddenly dizzy and groggy by the constant juggle of the camera.

It was worth it though. I got what I deserved from that movie..... to get scared and terrified. Hehehehe...
*******************

Halloween night I went to West Hollywood at Santa Monica-La Cienega junction for the annual Halloween Costume Carnival.

I left the house at around 8 pm with my Grim Reaper costume in tow. I took the Melrose Avenue way but I didn't expected that the traffic was that pack and slow. I got at the Pacific Alliance Parking area an hour after battling the extremely congested and bad traffic.

And when I got there they up the parking fee to $20.00 for an unlimited parking which was usually $5.00 a night. It was so frustrating but what can I do I was already there and besides I don't want to look and drive around like crazy because all the streets were been closed for the traffic.

Revelers from around the town came over the gay district area to just watch the annual showdown of Halloween costumes. When I got to the streets it looks like Bourbon Street in New Orleans typifying the mardi gras celebration.

People were celebrating everywhere, dancing to the beat of the nearby sound system installed in every corner of the streets. It was so packed and people of all walks of life gyrated their scary costumes, some very daring costumes, others have very intricate costumes. It was fun to look at.

I kept taking pictures of some of the revelers costume but apparently my camera was acting up again, and I have to discard some of it because they were so blurry.

Hopefully, when I got time to upload it I will immediately post it here for you to see it. You can also check my Facebook account albums because I will post it there for sure.

I went looking for my cousins who apparently texted me that time that they were in Club Rage dancing and drinking and also having a lot of fun.

I didn't continue going to the club because I decided to go home early because I have a clinical class the next morning. So I texted back my cousin about my dilemma and she texted back that it was okay.

After gathering enough pictures and savoring the joyful screams and dancing of the Halloween revelers I walked back to the parking lot and drove back home. The traffic was still crazy by the time I left the closed out streets and there's still more participants and revelers going towards the streets and celebrate the annual costume event.

It was fun and at the same time crazy. How I wish I could stay for more hours but I can't. I have to hit the sack and go work the next day.

Before I went to sleep at 12:30 am, I set the time one hour back because it was already DST time at around 2 am. Good thing I still have an hour extra time to sleep. Hehehe.
**************

Sunday, I have a clinical with Batch 9 at Centinela Hospital Medical Center. The rotation was uneventful. Same old routines and the students were been shifted to another floor. I also gave them a medication exam and so far they did good.

After the rotation I opted to stay at home and watch my teleseryes. I also checked my school paperworks and went to sleep early because I have a Breastfeeding class the next day.
**************

Monday morning, I have to wake up early despite of the persistent pain I felt from my shingles. It was nagging me the whole night despite of my usual dose of oral Vicodin pills every six hours and I'm finishing up my Valtrex doses.

The pain was excruciatingly nagging and burning me the whole night. My sleep was been bothered too bad all throughout the night.

I showered immediately and prepared myself for the class today. Then I left the house and took the 101 Freeway towards LA downtown.

The early morning Monday traffic was a little bit heavy and congested but because I left early that time, I got at the hospital's parking lot just on time.

When I got to the conference room it was fifteen minutes before the start of the lecture. The class was so funny and very interactive. We have to learn the techniques and the indications of breasfeeding granting that the hospital was been chosen to receive a multi-million grant to promote the benefits of breastfeeding to the parents and the newly born babies.

We have to learn all the legalities, protocols, anatomy and physiology, statistics, benefits, and updates about breastfeeding. And we have to do simulations and return demonstrations on how to implement it to the mothers by performing it to ourselves first.

It takes time for us to get used to it. Practice really makes it perfect. And change has to come to our hospital about the parents perceptions regarding breastfeeding, for change will bring success to the ideals of our facility in promoting a newborn friendly environment.

The class culminated after eight hours and in two weeks time we gonna convene again for part 2 of the two day or 16 hour alloted breastfeeding class as part of the non-governmental organization grant that was awarded to the hospital.

It kicked off successfully and for sure it will bring new change in the Couplet Care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Nursery, and Pediatric Unit.
****************

Ah well, I hope I jotted down all the things that had happened previously. Sorry for my laxity, if not for my serious painful sensations it didn't cropped up to all of these.

But my apologies to all of you.... Hope you'll understand.

Hopefully I will be okay in a few weeks time.... then I can blog as usual here on my free time. Thanks to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment