Saturday, August 15, 2009

Jet Lag

I've arrived two days ago from the Philippines after embarking on a 14-hour flight but it seems that my body is still not accustommed to the time difference. In short I still have a jet lag.

I've been sleeping for sixteen to eighteen hours or so a day but still I feel tired, groggy, sleepy, soporific, and dizzy. It was so unusual for me.

After confining myself in the Province for three weeks taking charge of my mom's wake, my body was got used to the diurnal schedule of southeast asia. My body clock adapted to it and it's hard for me to get back to my usual American body clock.

It got worst when I stayed for five days in Manila and not falling asleep during the night time because of our several gigs every night. I felt so tired and numb that fatigued my body so much.

The usual number of hours I slept I think when I was there was more or less three to four hours. Plus the fact that I was drinking so much there added toll to my fatigue.

Now, having back in Los Angeles I had a hard time adjusting especially in my sleeping routines. I couldn't get back to my old body clock routine.

Last night I was up the whole night. Sleep couldn't set in. I tried to close my eyes but it still to no avail. Sleep was so evasive. I tried to lay on my bed but still I felt uneasy and uncomfortable. I couldn't concentrate sleeping.

I tried to even pop a Tylenol PM with benadryl (double dosing it) but still I couldn't fall asleep. It is hard and I felt tired already. My body is tired but my mind is not. It is a crazy feeling.

It was already 7 am when I realized that my eyes feels droopy and so tired. That's when sleep settled in with me.

It was hot that time so I left the fan on. The lull of the fan humming inside my room rocked me to sleep. I accumulated at least nine hours of sleep after that. It was already pass three when I woke up. I then realized that I slept like a baby.

When I woke up my body felt sore and numb so I decided to call my landlord and set an appointment for a massage. Jose was a professional masseur so it was very convenient for me to tap him. I had a good beating actually.

Today, was my second day from my arrival and I still feel that the jet lag I had seems not fading away. It will probably take a week for me to recover from this jet lag and go back to my usual body clock.

Anyway, I still have more time to recover because I am bound to go back to work on Wednesday. I still have a lot of time to rest.

So, adjusting to the time difference will be a gradual process for my body to recover. And in time soon I will come back to my routine diurnal schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment