Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back to Los Angeles

I just got back today from my long vacation to the Philippines. I arrived at 8pm on the 13th of August. It was a safe flight filled with fun and fond memories.

This is the second time I went back to the Philippines where I saw my mom lifeless and lying in a white and beautiful casket, the only last luxury I can gave her.

It was a poignant reunion amidst some tensions between the family because of some very complicated issues. But I get through it though how painful it was.

Now I was an orphan with no parents to guide and teach me what to do. I felt that I am more mature enough to take care of myself anyway.

It was a very tedious and very hectic vacation. I was confined in the province for three weeks taking over the responsibility of entertaining and welcoming friends, relatives, and families who paid a visit during my mom's wake. It was stressful at times, too.

Then the time of the burial was even painful for me because I got to see my mom for the last time before she is laid peacefully under the ground. It was really a heartbreaking good bye. I cried secretly and discreetly but at the same time was happy because mom was been resting peacefully and permanently with our Creator.

After the burial we celebrated mom's "kayhap" after five days. This is a traditional celebration for the dead in our place. At the same time we celebrated my "despidida" because I am bound to fly to Manila the next day. It was a fun and
memorable "despidida" and "kayhap" anyway.

The next day me and my big sister flew to Manila. I made a decision to enjoy the last week of my vacation. Every night we had a gig, go some where to enjoy, and eat out with close friends.

I came to see some old friends and got to meet some new ones. It was a very autonomous thing to do for me because I have the independence now to explore my surroundings and meet with new people.

I also made some decision to invest my hard earned money. So I decided to inquire on how to invest in condominiums in some plush places in Metro Manila.

I closed two condos, one in Cubao and one in Fort Bonifacio. I think now is the time for me to take charge, and I'm glad I did it. It was a very satisfying feeling.

Meeting new people or circle of friends was another challenge for me. I meet all my previous childhood friends and they were all happy and eager to see me.

But the one I couldn't forget was this family friend who really offered me an unconditional love and hospitality I couldn't imagine and will miss when I'm away living alone in Los Angeles.

They were so supportive of me and we had a lot of fun together. In lieu of protecting their names and privacy I regret to mention it here in my blog, but for sure they know I am referring for them.

I also met a new special friend which really inspired me a lot now. He was really sweet, caring, and not even taking advantage of my situation. He was very reserved and shy.

I just couldn't explain my emotions and feelings why I really fall on this guy, but I hope we will develop a more solid and lasting friendship. He dropped me off at the airport on my last day and we had a heart to heart talk about our friendship-relationship thing.

I hope this would be real for me. But for now I have to still hold on my reservations so that I will not shatter into pieces if something amiss will happen in the future. At least I am taking precautions of what will happen. Hopefully it won't.

Today, I arived at 8pm in Los Angeles, loaded with fond and lasting memories. And it will be years again for me to be back in my native Philippines.

The trip was smooth and relaxing. I even saw some local celebrities and took some pictures with them. It was really a memorable trip for me.

So, I'm very happy to be back here in Los Angeles and to be back here to blog away my thoughts and my heartaches. There's always no place like home to feel better.

Aaaah.... hello Los Angeles and I'm glad to be back here to where I really belong. Hugs and kisses.... to all of you. See you anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment