Friday, August 7, 2009

Reality Bites

Well, as I gave way to a new responsibility in my life things got to change now.

I'm done with helping my immediate family. My mom already passed away peacefully and was been well taken cared of until her last day.

I can say that I did my best to prepare and organize her burial without any qualms and hesitations. I can say that I did my share of responsibility though how small or big it is.

Now is the time for me to take care of myself. I mean I'm already aging and it's time now to save for the rainy days.

I just can't imagine if I will reach the age of eternity but at least I have something set aside just in case something happened to me. I think this is the prudent decision I can ever make for myself.

Well, I can't really set aside some of my responsibility to my siblings but yet I hope they can understand my dire situation also.

I mean I can help them in any way but not really to the fullest. Better to receive something than nothing.

I hope they can also understand that I have also some responsibilities abroad. I have some rent to pay, bills to take care of, car to maintain, etc.

Life in America is not the best life I am dreaming of. I can say that it was the hardest life I've ever chosen.

Why....? Firstly because I have to live on my own and be away with my immediate family, relatives, and friends.

Secondly, because I have to do my own decision making, do all my chores without depending on to somebody like a helper or something, have to take care of my job and myself.

And thirdly, because I have to adapt to a big change in my life like living and adapting with the cultures of the people around me. I have to assimilate myself with my surroundings. It was the hardest decision I ever made.

If I don't take care of myself then everything will be upturned and upside down. How's that? Then I can't sustain whatever luxury and liberty I am experiencing right now.

Life in the US is a lonely life. I'd rather chose to live in the Philippines and till a land. At least I have somebody to help me and depend on, like hiring a helper.

How I wish I could live peacefully and happily in my own homeland and not to worry about the harsh realities I am facing right in living in America.

But this is the life I've chosen and I have to live up with the consequences and expectations of my decisions and actions.

Life eventually evolves and we have to face the truth and reality of what we chose.

In the end, we are the ones who get affected by our own decisions and we have to face the music in the very end.

But rest assured, life can be flexible and it's just up to us to adapt to our own defenses and life approach and change the direction and outcome of our choices. It always lies on our own choices and decisions after all.

I am a carefree, fun-loving, and free spirited guy. I'm always fond of making decisons in a spur of a moment. Life is always great and good to me. And I have to face reality in the end.

Cest la vie. Reality really bites as what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment