Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Perfect Fan

(This is a tribute for my loving mom.)

As I was driving in my car listening to my favorite music, alone in a country I never grow of, I always feel abandoned because I am far away from my mom’s side. I am used to be with my mom’s presence all the time and as I grow up she always wanted to be sure that I’m always been taken cared of. And I can’t repay her anything for the tireless nights she and my dad did in nurturing me to be what I am today.

One day, the music "The Perfect Fan" by the Backstreet Boys was blaring loudly in my car. As I was listening to it I was so captivated by it’s lyrics, that’s why I couldn’t help thinking about my mom. I will use this song as a tribute to her and here it goes:

"It takes a lot to know what is love, it's not the big things, but the little things that can mean enough, a lot of prayers to get me through, and there is never a day that passes by I don’t think of you. You were always there for me, pushing me and guiding me always to succeed."

This reminds me of my mom, every time I am playing this song. It tells me that it’s not just her big efforts but the small ones too as well, were being appreciated in molding me to be what I am today. From the time she gave birth to me until the time that she helped me finished college and be successful. It means a lot to me. She’s always there nurturing me, guiding me, and pushing me to excel in everyway. And I could never repay her for her unconditional love but it gives me satisfaction every time I see her face full with happiness for my achievements.

"You showed me, when I was young just how to grow. You showed me everything that I should know. You showed me, just how to walk without your hands. Cause mom you always were the perfect fan."

As I grow up you’re always there ready to help me all the way. You taught me together with dad everything that I should know to survive until I can be on my own, living independently and away from your side. You were always there to cheer for me in happy times and when I succeed and console me when I failed. You were always there in every way. That I couldn’t forget, mom.

"God has been so good. Blessing me with a family who did all they could. And I’ve had many years of grace. And it flatters me when I see the smile in your face. I wanna thank you for what you’ve done. In hopes I can give back to you and be the perfect son."

I was really thankful to God that I was blessed with parents that’s really hands-on for me. I can say that I am a lucky person to have you as my mom. With your strict guidance I was able to stand on my own and live independently. And I can also see in your face all the time that you were happy for what I have done, established, and achieved. And I couldn’t be here without your nurturing love and constant reminder to always look back to where I started and be a dutiful son to you and to dad. Before you passed away we had a little talk about it and it lifted my spirits that you kept reminding me of who I am and where I came from. That mom I couldn’t forget.

"You showed me how to love. You showed me how to care. And you showed me that you would always be there. I wanna thank you for the time. And I’m proud to say you’re mine."

Love is always a powerful word you always uttered. You wanted me to be a dedicated nurse to show care to people. And every time I stumbled you’re always a phone call away from me. And I am never ashamed of you. I am so grateful to have you and dad in my life. You are proud of me and likewise I am too. I couldn’t forget you and you’re unconditional love for us. Your memories will always linger in me and in us forever.

When you passed away mom, I know that you were extremely happy and fulfilled. That you are satisfied leaving me standing on my own two feet. And as I dedicate this tribute to you, I am content that you are with our Creator looking at us with so much love and compassion. That I thank you, mom.

I know life evolves, and pretty soon it is our turn to come back with God and be with you forever. I am happy that you are resting permanently well, away from the worries of human existence. I am proud to say that you are the best mom I have ever had and given a chance to select another choice, I will chose you again as my mom and enriched the bond that we left off.

"Cause mom, I know, you always were. Mom you always were. You know you always were. My perfect fan."

I love you mom!

P.S.

To all of you who gathered here, our family, wishes to convey our heartfelt thanks and gratitude to all those who sent flowers, mass cards, offered prayers, sympathy, and donations and in one way or another consoled with us in our time of bereavement and grief.

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment