Tuesday, July 28, 2009

On Resuming Normalcy

The other day I was complaining about life's challenges. I'm not that really complaining but just voicing out my exhaustion.

I mean I was just used to do things for myself and not really minding other's business. But since I came home to help out in making decisions for my mom's affairs since she passed away I was tasked and assigned to carry out the decision-making process.

It's not so normal for me to tend for these affairs and it really overwhelmed me a lot. My older siblings should assume these responsibilities but it seems that they are passing the torch on me because of my great influence to the family as the breadwinner. And this add a toll on me and drains me out mentally. Thus resuming normalcy for me is impossible at this very moment.

I am a loner and an introvert. I am used to making decisions for myself only. I tend to just be carefree with my life and tried to be as stressed free as much as possible. This is the normal things for me and I get used to it. Maybe to some this is not normal.

It is common knowledge that everyone of us is individualy unique. What is normal to some is normal to others. We have our own individuality and that makes us different from others. But if these individuality will be combined with others then it will make us as a diverse community. Thus society is composed of different norms and cultures that is distinctly differentiated by our own individual uniqueness.

I maybe a loner, an introvert, a passive participant but I know how to be observant with what is happening around me so that I can conform my habits, routines, and interactions with everyday life's challenges.

I am schooled and educated to observe and execute proper manners and etiquettes. I can exercise professionalism at a right circumstance if given a chance.

I know my timidity is the negative factor that made me off to some people. But for people who knows me well especially my circle of friends they understood my personality.

I know I can't please people around me but I really don't care about it. As long as I don't caused them any harm and ill will, that's okay with me. My philosophy is always geared to the notion of letting people guess for myself.

I can be mysterious to some, and very secretive to others. But I am as gentle as a wind. I can relate to other's feelings. I can be tough, but that's just a facade to protect my defenses. People need to penetrate on my own inner self to really know me.

They say that the first impression is always lasting. But I always challenged that philosophy.

My passivity can be mistaken as defiance to make my connections to others and that really triggers some to make some negative comments on my personality. I am a man of few utterances and my reticence is always mistaken as boastfulness to some. Well, that's me and that's normal to me.

Lately, I was put to test to show my true self and I have received a lot of negative comments about it. Well, I really don't care what people will say, I am me and they have to accept the way I am. As long as I don't cause any harm to others that's enough for me.

Tongues will wag and flicker and I know people will always say something. I think that's innate to some to throw some thing to talk about. I mean it's not my business to listen to it because I know I did not cause any ill will at them.

I know eventually, people will stop commenting about it and it will gradually die out. But to me this is not normal.

My normal environment is compose of me and my own world. My world of singlehood dedicated for myself alone. I never wished to have it changed nor disturbed. But who knows.... sometimes it will be altered. Time always evolve and our environment changed.

But in as much as I want to maintain normalcy in my life people just can't stop intervening with my affairs. I can't wait to go back to Los Angeles and go back to my hermit and reclusive life. That is the normal life I prefer and I am happy to embrace it all throughout my lifetime.

Maintaining normalcy creates routines. And routines makes us more compelled to be focused on simple things rather than complicated ones. And this makes life more easier to enhance and improve.

We have to take life's challenges one day at a time so that we won't be bombarded with a lot of stress and problems. Maintaining homeostasis is essential to create an atmosphere of relief and free thinking. And to me that's the normal life I want to tread.

In the end, life is always full of ups and downs. And maintaining normalcy is essential to create a better outlook in life. We have to always prepare for the better. Live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment