Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Change of Flight

Yesterday when I opened my email to check my scheduled flight for Friday, I was astonished and upset to see it was scheduled for July 29th. I panicked and grabbed the phone, making necessary calls. I felt like being covered with thick dark nimbus clouds.

It was surprising though that my flight was scheduled for July 29th when I ordered it online I was certain that I clicked on July 17th. How did that happen when the window I am choosing was between July 14th and 20th range? Why? That I don't know. How? Still the answer is uncertain. What? The hell I know about it.....

This was the question I couldn't understand. I immediately grabbed the phone and made necessary call at the toll-free number of the Philippine Airlines demanding for the right answers but the agent on the other line couldn't even explain it either.

I could not do otherwise but to tell and instruct her to update my info and just go ahead to charge me of the schedule change. She charged me a whopping $249.00, and asked me to fax my credit card and ID to the office. I got doubtful and uncomfortable of her simple instructions so I asked her to just email me the update change form and see to it that the address and telephone number of the office is indicated on the form, which she immediately complied, so that I can schedule an appointment to talk to the people at their main office in Los Angeles.

So today, upon waking up past noon, I set a goal to go and locate the Philippine Airline's local office in Los Angeles at Century Boulevard to fix the problem. I didn't know where the office is so I rely on the help of my GPS, which brought me to the said address safe and sound.

When I spoke to the clerk about my dilemma she immediately helped me and advised me to just postpone it during the weekdays to prevent extra charges. So I asked her if she can do it, which she eagerly complied.

Instead of charging me $249.00 she only charged me $150, after my long litany of dicussions and explanations of what had happened when I made my online booking. She advised me to just be careful next time when booking online, and have to double check everything before finalizing and submiting requests or orders. I felt a little embarrass about it, judging that I am a cerebral type of person, and got duped by what I did.

She then printed my temporary iterinary and receipt for the necessary fees required for the scheduled change. Then I thanked her for her unbiased help and good customer care service. She was a nice lady, too.

Now I felt secured that I scheduled my flight back home for my mom's wake and burial. Even though I have to stay for two more days, I know I will be there eventually, and I can't help but to worry about what will I expect and see when I arrived there.

Okay folks, although everything is still in chaos and my mind is boggly, I know we can be together again and will be seeing soon. Ciao...

No comments:

Post a Comment