Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Kuya George's Birthday

As I mourn my mom's death, I couldn't help feeling sad and homesick. I was so alone in my room and was thinking blankly. I don't know what to do.

I have a little cold may be from too much stress and fatigue from my trip. I feel warm and feverish so I decided to pop some Advil and Thera-flu pills. I felt well at an instant. So I started to call my friend Luis to come over and we watched horror movies.

We watched Blair Witch 1 and 2, Sixth Sense, The Others, Unbreakable, and Signs. It was a marathon of horror and suspense movies, which actually helped me divert my attention from being sad and lonely. I was happy that my best friend was with me entertaining me on this sad times. Never been better actually...

We did nothing the whole day but watched movies. The previous night I stayed at my cousin Val's condominium only to end up being left alone because Val was been called on to work. He was on call that night, and had to work until noon. I did nothing there but to tap and played with his computer and ordered the bereavement card which will be intended to be distributed after the burial. Then I went home the next day and do some necessary chores and cleaning up inside my pad. Then I called Luis to come over and the movie marathon started off.

I got a call at 4 pm from Kuya George, my best friend and partner in crime, that he and the gang (with Kuya Robert, Kuya Millet, and Kuya John) are waiting for me at The Marmalade Cafe at The Grove to celebrate his birthday. How could I forget that it was Kuya George's birthday? I thought it was past already on July 7th, but I was wrong. So I told him that me and Luis are on our way.

We arrived at The Marmalade Cafe with the whole gang midway their dinner so we immediately ordered ours too. I had a three course meal of salad, brisket, and tiramisu while Luis only ordered cheeseburger and fries. It was funny though because the waiter gave Luis a sweet potato fries instead of the regular fries. He tried to gobble some but he did not like it. So he ended up not finishing the poor fries. Hehehe. And the waiter kept flirting with him.... poor Luis.

Kuya George was a whopping 45 years old yesterday, but he's still the usual flirty and happy-go-lucky guy you can see and I know. Even though he has a lot of problems but still he managed to be jolly. His philosophy is that "Why worry when you can be happy." I always envy him sometimes because even though he is always in a bind in his life's routine but still he always cheer me up and the other people that surrounds him. There is always no dull moment when you're with him. He's always effectively zany, hilariously funny, and charmingly jovial. And he is my best friend.

So Kuya George, on your 45th birthday, I wish you more "lalake" and "dyowa" on your way. Hehehe... You know what I mean. I wish you happiness even though you always had some hardships. Always remember I'm here all the time to support you no matter what. You are a rare friend to me. I know we have our dark moments, and I thank you for understanding me. Our friendship always stood great with and from all the test of time. And I am proud to have met you and have you in my life. Thanks for treasuring our friendship and keeping my trust. Happy birthday and I love you so so much..... You're more than a brother or sister to me, either way.

May you have many more birthdays to come, more candle sticks to blow, and soft cakes to slice. And ultimately I am praying that all your dreams will come true including winning a super and mega lotto. hehehe.... 1 2 3 4... and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment