Thursday, July 16, 2009

Easing Away My Grief

It's been six days now since I got back from the Philippines and hearing the sad news about my mom's passing away. I was still off from work until August 8, and still waiting for my second flight home to the Philippines in three days.

Expressions of sympathies and condolences were sincerely posted on my Facebook account and just kept pouring in all the time which really touched me a lot. I felt so emotional and thankful that my circle of friends really cared a lot in times of my family's sorrow and grief. It was so overwhelming. It helped our bereavement process more easy because of the untiring support that kept coming.

I managed to postpone and cancel my trip to France and had it rescheduled at a later time after the burial. I just have to finish all my family affairs and problems first before embarking on a new adventure in discovering another country and their culture. I think I have to taper down my wandering first and just focus first on my grieving process.

The previous days I've been doing some intermittent shopping for my folks behind and for some things that are needed for the wake. But most of my time was been spent lying down alone in my room, tapping and playing the keyboard of my laptop, watching my favorite television shows, doing some necessary online blogging, listening to my favorite band group's music of England Dan and John Ford Coley, and sometimes procrastinating badly.

I did managed to do some little chores to divert my undivided attention, sometimes left the apartment in the afternoon and go to church to pray and attend the mass, or sometimes picking and doing some small errands.

I refrained myself from cooking because I will only be staying here for almost a week and then off to the Philippines again. I kept accumulating things that are necessary for me to bring home and some times make some unnecessary calls way back home to just see to it if everything is okay there. I can't help worrying about them there and thinking about them.

At night sleep is so evasive, so I ended up picking and chosing some movies in my wide array of movie collections and kept repeating them, watching them over and over again. My one favorite movie is "Romeo and Juliet", which is my all time favorite. I made a fool of myself sometimes by crying over and over again everytime I watched it.

Sometimes sleep will take effect late on the wee hours of the morning and by the time I woke up after noontime I felt so tired and sleep deprived. Last night I slept at around 4 am and when I woke up at 2 pm I had a splitting headache, just like the feeling of having a hangover.

I immediately took a hot shower which made me a little better. My cold was still evident which made my voice a little deeper and hoarse and my nagging cough kept bothering me all the time added to that my productive phlegm really bothers me a lot and made my chest so tight at times.

I feared it is "Swine Flu" which will neccesitate me to be quarantined during my trip. But I hope it's not. But still I kept popping my Thera-flu and Tylenol pills. So, just in time by Sunday I will be a little better.

After the warm shower I decided to go to my favorite salon and decided to have my long hair trimmed for a little bit. Omar layered it expertly and the end result satisfied me, which really look chic.

Then I went to The Grove and decided to watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince since I know it was out yesterday. I purchased a ticket for the 7 pm show and do a little shopping which eventually tempted me to buy some white long sleeve shirts at the Gap store.

The movie was just okay not apart from the book. Good thing I have read and understood the book before or else I will pick up my brains and put all the plot into the right places. It wasn't the very best sequel but at least the essence of the book is still there. It's just a good way for me to get rid of my boredom. At least I got out of my usual surroundings and changed it for quite some time.

Hopefully, this coming Sunday my trip will totally change my whole environment for three weeks and will give me the necessary rest I needed from working too much the previous years. Hopefully my vacation will give me my much needed respite.

Can't wait till I come back to the Philippines again and be with my immediate family mourning and grieving for my mom's death at the same time get rested and feel better from my cold and cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment